Circonscription de Niamtougou Travel Guide

15,39,0

Niamtougou

• Motorbike taxis

Niamtougou Transportation

The transport of choice, and sometimes the only transport available as we found out when we tried to get a taxi, is the motorbike. It really isn’t recommended in terms of safety – there are no helmets, the roads are full of potholes and however good your driver is, other road users take very little notice of motorbikes. If you must use them, haggle...

• Fetish market

Niamtougou Shopping

Many markets in Togo had a section for fetishes. These are the items used in potions and for healing the sick, by the witchdoctors and witches in the area. I don’t pretend to understand, I just accept that this is the way it is here.

• Oil lamps

Niamtougou Shopping

It never ceased to amaze me how ingenuititive (I think I might just have made that word up) the local people are. I have said it several times: waste not want not. These oil lamps are fashioned from discarded food cans. Much cheaper than making them from ‘new’ metal and much more sustainable. We have a lot to learn from the African in the west!

Instant Answers: Circonscription de Niamtougou

Comments

Circonscription de Niamtougou

Plan a Circonscription de Niamtougou vacation with reviews, tips and photos posted by real travelers and Circonscription de Niamtougou locals

Popular Destinations in Circonscription de Niamtougou