Kouadangou Off The Beaten Path

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Kouadangou

• grets's Profile Photo

Petrol Stations

by grets Written Apr 8, 2007

Although modern petrol stations are found in the bigger cities, in the smaller villages, fuel is sold in smaller quantities such as these bottles we saw just outside the village of Kouadangou. I am sure this petrol is not quite pure, in more ways than one. There is a major problem with illegal smuggling of oil and petrol from Nigeria to Benin and Togo, and judging by the reaction of the locals when I started photographing these bottles, I’d say they found their way here by less than legitimate ways. I also don’t think the quality of the fuel would be very good for your average Land Rover – I should imagine it is more of a two-stroke type fuel more suitable for motorbikes and tractors.

• grets's Profile Photo

Guinea fowl

by grets Written Apr 8, 2007

Guinea fowl are bred for the eggs as well as their meat, and we saw lots of them in the area around Kouadangou, more than we had seen anywhere else. I expect Daniel had bought a couple from the local farmer yesterday as we had guinea fowl for our dinner last night. The guinea fowl belongs to the same order as turkey, pheasants and other game birds. They are about 50cm high, weigh around 1000g and although they have attractive speckled feathers on their body, their heads are featherless. The birds are monogamous and mate for life. They have been domesticated in many parts of the world.

Instant Answers: Kouadangou

Comments

Kouadangou Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Kouadangou off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kouadangou sightseeing.