Places to eat in Togo

Most Viewed Restaurants in Togo

• ajayzener's Profile Photo

Claudio - The Italian Restaurant: Best Italian Food

by ajayzener Written Jan 14, 2007

Just a few minutes walk from the beach is this small restaurant called Claudio. The restaurant is open only for dinner and it is closed on wednesdays. One of the best restaurants in the town, the food is delicious and the staff is pleasant. You will find the owner, a Italian mostly around in the restaurant. The sambuca at the end... was very refreshing after a heavy dinner.

• Business Travel

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Aneho - Hotel Oasis: Terrific view!!

by pfsmalo Written Apr 15, 2007

I stopped here on the way back from Togoville and was in for a nice surprise. The terrace overlooks the sea with sand dunes away to the left,a small lagoon in front and the town just behind. Lovely view. Shame it was drizzling with rain most of the time I was there. The food's not bad either,although not cheap.

View from the deck

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Okavango: Best restaurant of Lomé

by Alpha_Ghana Written Oct 9, 2002

In a nice open terrasse, some springs and fontains, some deers and antelopes are going from table to table. You sit at ta nice wooden table with flowers all around you.
    The menu is fantastic. French food with a touch of exotic African dishes and spices.

Favorite Dish: Captain fish in cream sauce
    Frog legs Provencale
    Duck stuffed with olives
    Good French wine

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Le Maxime: Not quite the Maxim's in Paris, but!!!

by pfsmalo Written Jun 16, 2005

Very friendly atmosphere, just across the road from the beach.Reasonably cheap with fresh fish most days almost straight from the sea! Antelope is also a speciality.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the "capitaine" braised on the grill, various vegetables fresh from the garden next door, plus the fresh beer served in frosted glasses.

window view from le Maxime

Africa grill or "chez Francois": Another good place for food

by pfsmalo Updated Apr 7, 2007

Good atmosphere, reasonable prices and very good food. nice selection of c.d's for all tastes that anyone can put on.
    UPDATE APRIL 2007
    Unfortunately Francois died in September 2006 and the place will never be the same.RIP

Favorite Dish: Makes a very good salad and also has French imported paté and terrine.

LE TRISKELL: FRENCH PIZZA

by DAO Written Jan 2, 2015

I have no doubt that a few of my fellow VT’ers will be disappointed in me. I went all the way to Lomé, Togo, West Africa, a former German and French colony, entered a French Restaurant and ordered a pizza! I did! I had beer as well. Le Triskell is actually a colonial mansion with beautiful gardens. Both birds and turtles (watch your step) inhabit the gardens. You have 2 choices of dining experience. Inside the lavish mansion with air-conditioning or outside under a thatched roof. OK, at least I went al fresco on this one. They do actually specialise in both French and Italian food. The problem is that I have had such small portions in French restaurants over the years – I decide to go for a safe choice. Although the menu looked great.

I did have a wonderful handmade stone-baked, wood fired pizza. And cold beers. Actually a great small meal and I was off again to go bar hopping. The choice of dining outside was inspired. It was packed inside the small dining room. I had the garden to myself!

If you are looking for a romantic meal, this is one of the best options in Lomé. It is not cheap by local standards, but economical and a wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish:
    Pizza and beer !

Wood fired stone oven heaven LE TRISKELL LE TRISKELL LE TRISKELL LE TRISKELL
    • Luxury Travel

• DAO's Profile Photo

L'HÔTEL EQUATEUR: TOP TERRACE OF FOOD !

by DAO Written Jan 2, 2015

I was not going to eat here, but I am so glad I did! I was staying in the hotel and decided to go and see their rooftop bar and restaurant. I was just going to have one beer and then take a cheap taxi-moto into the city. The second I entered the thatch covered bar - I thought - wow! My server was the friendliest waitress and bar tender. She told me that they had my 2nd favourite African beer - Flag Spéciale. This was served up with a cold bottle and a warm smile. I began to wonder around the massive terrace. The bar and restaurant are in a 'Palapa'. Simply a thatched roof made from dried palm leaves. It was open sided and let the cool ocean breeze flow through the whole area. Outside was the rest of the uncovered roof with plenty of sun loungers and comfortable places to sit.

I then started looking at the menu and what others were eating. And that was it - I was staying. They had many specials on their specials board. They were out of duck, but I decided on an antelope dish. It was so amazingly delicious that I have included the recipe in the next section.

I loved dining and drinking here. L'Hôtel Équateur is a fabulous hotel in a very quiet and up-scale residential area. So dinning out on the roof here is just blissful heaven. If you are staying elsewhere, dine here for a fantastic experience. Enjoy!

Favorite Dish:
    Flag Spéciale Beer (Morocco) and house red wine
    Chef Salad - Lots of everything!
    Civet d'Antilope - made using:
    1 leek
    2 cloves
    3 juniper berries
    salt & pepper

CIVET D' ANTILOPE L'H��TEL EQUATEUR - SALADE DU CHEF L'H��TEL EQUATEUR L'H��TEL EQUATEUR L'H��TEL EQUATEUR
    • Luxury Travel

Various: Castel Beer

by grets Written Feb 25, 2007

Castel Beer is widespread throughout Africa, I believe it originates in Ethiopia. I can certainly remember drinking it in East Africa in the past. Anyway, it is a very palatable lager type beer which goes with most foods. Best served cold.

• Beer Tasting

• Proveres's Profile Photo

L'Hibiscus: Perfect French Cuisine in Lome

by Proveres Updated Dec 3, 2010

This restaurant is run by Patrick, a Quebecois who has been in Lome for 15 years. He has created a small restaurant in a beautiful villa in the Kodjoviakope neighbourhood in South West Lome.

He and one member of staff were manning front of house on a busy lunchtime when we visited and the welcome was perfect. They were attentive without being over bearing and chatty without being overly familiar. The service was excellent.

The food was fantastic, if expensive, and whilst the restaurant itself was beautiful, it could have been anywhere. However, this place is not somewhere to go and soak up local atmosphere in Lome, it's somewhere to get fantastic food in calm and attractive surroundings.

Of the 3 top end restaurants I visited in Lome, this was the best in terms of food, staff, atmosphere, welcome and value (basically in every way).

The fish of the day (coryphene/mahi-mahi on my visit) was spectacularly good. Clearly very fresh, great size and perfectly cooked.

In summary, L'Hibiscus is expensive but worth the cost for the standard of the food, surroundings and service.

Favorite Dish: Starter - Mixed seafood/fish platter.
    Main course - fish of the day simply grilled.
    Dessert - Pain Perdu

Exterior shot (doesn't do the place justice)

• bomaco: Superb pizzas

by SMG22 Written Nov 8, 2007

Dimly lit pizza restaurant providing excellent wafer thin based pizza in approximately 15 varieties. Costs between £2 and £4 (2000 - 4000 CFA) for a dinner plate sized pizza. All cooked in full view of customers on open wood fired oven. Outdoor street side seating also available on the main Lome to tsevie road.

AL DONALDS: FAKE MCDONALDS - LOMÉ

by DAO Updated Sep 30, 2012

This is a somewhat famous imitation of the world famous McDonald’s restaurants. They serve burgers and soft drinks as you can probably guess. They even imitate the famous ‘arch’. I am guessing that trademark laws are not strong in Togo. So if you have a need for fast food and a photo opportunity – here you are.

• lalikes's Profile Photo

Le Privelge: Next to Hotel Palm Beach

by lalikes Written Apr 10, 2010

This cozy place, and when I say that I mean the comfy booths, turns into a night club on the weekends, serves a lot of different food and spirits. We only went there between 4-11 p.m. on three different occasions. The gals who serve you are accommodating, speak some English and have a lot of smiles. Pizza is good, wine selection (not bad) and free WiFi. There are pool tables in the back and there are about 8 TV's playing football (soccer). Price for a pizza will run you about 3500 CFA's and a bottle of white 10,000 CFA's.

Favorite Dish: Pizza.

Booths

Various market stalls: Peanut snacks

by grets Updated Mar 21, 2007

Favorite Dish: I saw these little conical things for sale in several stalls in the markets. They are made from peanuts which are ground, shaped and then fried. I bought a bag-full to try and they were very nice indeed. Quite hard to bite into, and really quite spicy!

Various: Old Beaver

by grets Written Apr 8, 2007

Favorite Dish: We bought this bottle of liqueur in the supermarket for drinking on Christmas Eve. It cost next to nothing (less than $5) and was very enjoyable. For those of you who are familiar with the South African Amarula, it is very similar indeed. In fact it is made from the berries of the Marula tree, just like its southern counterpart. Marula is a tree that is found only on the African plains, and its berries are apparently favoured by elephants. (do they get drunk on it like we do?)

I bought it because I like Amarula, my husband bought it because he liked the name. We both enjoyed it.

Old Beaver

Market stalls: Stones

by grets Updated Mar 21, 2007

Favorite Dish: This was one of the stranger items we came across in the market: stones rich in calcium which pregnant women buy and eat! Each to their own I suppose, and I have heard some women have strange cravings during pregnancy! Brings a whole new meaning to rock cakes

Togo Hotels

Top Togo Hotels

Lome Hotels
88 Reviews - 413 Photos
Lome Hotels
1 Review - 3 Photos

Instant Answers: Togo

Comments

Togo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Togo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Togo sightseeing.
Map of Togo