Getting Around Togo

Most Viewed Transportation in Togo

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Chauffeur/guide for Tamberma valley

by pfsmalo Written Aug 3, 2005

We hired this guide in Kandé for our trip into the Tamberma valley. Although not very cheap, we paid 15000,00 cfa.,it was well worth it.

NAME : Mister AGBANDAO Togbé.

His garage is 200 metres after the police control point on the left of the main road.

• Proveres's Profile Photo

Le Courrier Bus - Between Lome to Kpalime

by Proveres Updated Dec 2, 2010

Since September 2010, La Poste in Togo has been running bus services from Lome to Kpalime and Sinkasse. I used the service from Kpalime to Lome, and was very pleased to have found out about it.

For the Kpalime service, buses run from La Poste in Lome to Kpalime at 06.00am and return from La Poste in Kpalime to Lome at 14.30. The service I took left about 5 minutes late and took an hour an half or so to get to Lome. The bus was a medium sized minibus and was so new that the plastic seat covers were still in place. En route we stopped to pick up the Post at Agou, Geve, and another stop not far from Lome but did not take on passengers. Some passengers were dropped of in the Northwestern suburbs of Lome along the route of the bus.

I understand that the Sinkasse service also leaves at 06.00am but as I didn't travel from Lome or use that service, I won't confirm anything.

The service was almost full, but there were two seats free. It seems that, as it's a scheduled service, it ran pretty much on time despite having space available. Luggage was carried inside the bus, piled along the back row. I saw no evidence that drivers take on extra passengers for extra cash.

Tickets can be bought at any Post Office. For the Lome-Kpalime or Kpalime-Lome journeys cost CFA2000 one-way (so not much more at all than a taxi-brousse).

The buses are advertised as being air conditioned. Our driver announced that his air-con was broken, but when we drove through a big storm and all the windows were closed, it miraculously started working. My guess is that they leave the AC off to save petrol.

All in all, I would say that this service is a fantastic way of getting to/from Kpalime and that if the Sinkasse service is as reliable and comfortable, then it would probably be a good option too. The photo is of the Kpalime-Lome bus that I took waiting outside La Poste in Kpalime before we filled it up. Well done La Poste Togolaise, I hope it's a success.

• Zuzka's Profile Photo

Travelling to and around Togo

by Zuzka Updated Jul 2, 2003

The best way will be probably the airplane. I would recommend a reliable airlines (Air France, KLM that's what I took). All my colleagues who have travelled with an African airlines had some problems: big delay, lost luggages or no seats because of the overbooking of the planes.
    Minibuses, cars. And mainly motorcycles! - used also as taxi. There are a lot of men having one vacant place on their motorcycle - you can very easily stop them (especially if you are a woman..:-) but do not worry, usually you feel safe). This way I made max. 10 km. 2 people can stop 2 motorcycles at once.

• Moto-Taxi

by Fedzo Updated Jun 25, 2005

The best way to move around, cheep and easy to find, unless u r afraid of riding scooters or you have big luggage.
    the fare ranges from 100 to 300 XOF for a lift in the city center area ( aruond the boulvard circulaire)

Togo Hotels

7 Reviews - 32 Photos
Aneho Hotels
4 Reviews - 27 Photos

Instant Answers: Togo

Comments

Togo Transportation

Reviews and photos of Togo transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Togo sightseeing.
Map of Togo