What to pack for Gouvernorat de Gabes

Most Viewed What to Pack in Gouvernorat de Gabes

• aliante1981's Profile Photo

Fighting the Heat - Part I

by aliante1981 Written Jan 3, 2004

Miscellaneous: Travels to places like Tunisia involves a lot of fighting the heat, especially if you, like me (I am still surprised as to why I did that), go there right in the middle of the summer. Hereýs a list of useful items to take:

- Hats and other covering: Large brimmed hats that provide head covering and some shade. For women, they are also a proof of modesty, welcomed when visiting old churches and mosques. Scarves and the like covering shoulders and arms can keep the sun off during treks. A cloth hat or scarf can be soaked to help keep the head cool.

- "Squeeze Breeze": this is a water bottle with a sprayer and a battery-operated fan attached. The beach toy to take with you!

- Sun block: While sun blocks may be purchased in Tunisia, people tend to prefer sticking with their own favourite brand (the skin, too, ýgets usedý to it), and thereýs not guarantee youýll find it on the spot. So take your own, if you have preferences!

Gouvernorat de Gabes Hotels

• Hotel Marhala

We stayed at the Hotel Marhala, one of the troglodyte hotels in Matmata. It's nicely done-up to...

• Hotel Oasis

I have been in the Hotel oasis for 6 weeks and after reading the previous review I thought it was my...

• Hotel Sidi Driss

Had we spent the night in Matmata, we would probably have opted for Hotel Sidi Driss. It's a very...

Top Gouvernorat de Gabes Hotels

Matmata Hotels
79 Reviews - 250 Photos
Gabes Hotels
16 Reviews - 25 Photos
El Hamma Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Gouvernorat de Gabes

Comments

Gouvernorat de Gabes What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Gouvernorat de Gabes what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gouvernorat de Gabes sightseeing.
Map of Gouvernorat de Gabes