Tamazrat Travel Guide

Cafe in Tamezret

Tamazrat Things to Do

• barryg23's Profile Photo

by barryg23 Updated May 7, 2006

The landscape around Tamezret is beautiful. In the picture you can see the view from our cafe, but there are equally good views along the road from Matmata to Tamezret. We didn't have too much time in Tamezret as we were keen to get to Douz before it was too late but had we had longer we would have climbed to the mosque at the top of the village. I've read that the views there are amazing and that you can all the way to Zeraoua, another small village, in the distance.

Views from the cafe

Tamazrat Restaurants

• barryg23's Profile Photo

by barryg23 Updated May 19, 2006

On our way through Tamezret we saw this cafe which looked nice enough from outside. However, the coffee and mint tea were awful, the toilets were filthy and I'm just glad I didn't order any food. The only good thing I can say about this cafe is that the views from its terrace are excellent.

An Italian couple had the best seats, but we still had a lovely view down the mountains. It was pretty idyllic sitting there, playing cards and taking in the view...then you have a sip of coffee and it brings you right back down to earth. We didn't stay too long and after paying our bill, we nodded goodbye to the Italians who were going in the other direction and set off for Douz. There is supposed to be a nicer cafe up at the top of the village near the mosque. I do hope our cafe isn't taking all its business.

Cafe in Tamezret

Instant Answers: Tamazrat

Comments

Tamazrat Travel Guide
Map of Tamazrat