Kasserine Travel Guide

TANG Desert Convoy!

Kasserine Restaurants

• littlebush's Profile Photo

by littlebush Written Dec 10, 2012

I didn't catch the name of this place buy there are hardly any places to eat in the town so can't be hard to find.
    It was located on what looked like some kind of square.
    Food was decent and incredibly cheap , if not the cheapest ive ever had.
    Copious amounts of bread, a soup starter and chicken, chips and salad main all for 3.5TD(£1.40)

• acommon1's Profile Photo

by acommon1 Written Jul 6, 2012

Move in land. You'll see so much of a wonderful country. Stop randomly to converse with the locals or try the food. My destination was Kessarine because of WW2 interest. It was well worth the visit.

Load up on the couscous and spices! Many tasty fish, chicken, and lamb dishes. (Here, I tend not to eat a lot of beef as I leave that for South American travels). Tunisia is on the African continent. So, I define the food as both Mediterranean & African.

Bottled water is a good choice. But, they have beer, wine, etc. While in town, I a group representing TANG should up out of now! A convoy of trucks, cars, and motorcycles drives into town with over 15 members wearing TANG shirts. All the vehicles had TANG logos too.

Look at the map!

Favorite Dish: Couscous & chicken! Balance of flavorful spices without too much heat for the tongue.

They'll load up your plate so be ready to eat.

It is so wonderful to be around people who celebrate the honor to have a quality meal.

Service was impeccable. The owner was truly a nice gentleman.

I, personally, pray that my Tunisian friends are doing well. Because, I know that tourism and their overall economy had to be hit hard by the Arab Spring & rioting. Hopefully, everything has worked out for them all.

Feeling & Looking Like A Local Owner (to my left) & Guide (to my right)! TANG is HUGE Outside the USA Tang Crew

• Kasserine Hotels

0 Hotels in Kasserine

Kasserine Off The Beaten Path

• acommon1's Profile Photo

by acommon1 Written Jul 9, 2012

Well, marketing can occur when & where ever.

Who would have expected to see a convoy of Green TANG (yes, the drink of astronauts!) come riding through the dusty little town of Kasserine? The young set of marketers where there to hand out samples of TANG.

Yes, TANG!!! This brand is HUGE in a number of developing countries. Great source of Vitamin C. Makes the local water much more palatable.

The TANG Team and their local coordinators were extremely nice group.

I hope that all is well for all of them.

Why can't we have these TANG cycles back home? TANG Desert Convoy! TANG Marketing Team Acommon1's with two Tunisian TANG Marketing Dudes!
    • Desert
    • Study Abroad
    • Business Travel

• mi5chelle's Profile Photo

by mi5chelle Written Oct 11, 2004

Kasserine does not have the same type of outstanding Roman Ruins, as Carthage or other places in Tunisia, but there are few gems around and if you want to get a feel for times of the past and culture of today, Kasserine is good area to explore.

I have to look up my info for the exact places but will post soon.

Again, as in the intro, I lived in this District for 3 years when I worked as a beekeeper, so I was busy with villagers and their agricultural extension projects most of the time. However, there are few nice things to see and do in Kasserine, although the area does not have the allure Sfax or Tunis.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Kasserine? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Kasserine

Comments

Kasserine Travel Guide
Map of Kasserine