Houmt Souk Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Houmt Souk

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Carthage: Great local restaurant in Houmt Souk

by barryg23 Updated Apr 21, 2006

Carthage was one of the most memorable restaurants we went to in Tunisia. Very much a locals place, we were the only non Tunisians here. You won't be served alcohol here but you will get excellent Tunisian food at ridiculously cheap prices. The merguez I had here were the best I've tasted while the waiters were friendly and made us very welcome.

Me and my Salade Tunisien Carthage

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Les Palmiers: Nice Local Restaurant

by barryg23 Updated Apr 21, 2006

Finding a restaurant in Houmt Souk is not difficult but finding a good value restaurant with nice food can be more difficult. Plenty of tourists visit Houmt Souk and there are many expensive restaurants. You have to look a little harder to avoid being overcharged. Les Palmiers is a good choice. It's very good value with the most expensive dish costing only 5D. The waiter is friendly and service is fairly good though we did have to wait a while for dessert. I think it was being delivered from another restaurant downw the street, a very common practice in Tunisia. I had a very nice couscous a l'agneau while Ruth had Poulet Roti.

At Les Palmiers

Instant Answers: Houmt Souk

Comments

Houmt Souk Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Houmt Souk restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Houmt Souk sightseeing.