Monastir Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Monastir

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Monty Python

by Willettsworld Written Mar 1, 2008

Favorite thing: Recognise the Nador tower in the Ribat? Well if you saw the film Monthy Python's Life of Brian then you probably would as it was featured in a scene where Brian (played by Graham Chapman) fell of the top only to be rescued by a passing alien spaceship. Another famous scene filmed within the Ribat was that of Biggus Dickus with some 500 Tunisians laughing at Michael Palin. I think the stoning scene was also filmed outside the walls of Ribat.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Architecture

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Meeting Chokri

by cheekymarieh Written Jul 15, 2007

Fondest memory: My first trip here was quite by chance and just a quick, cheap break before my main holiday of the year less than a month later. There had been a catelogue of problems in booking a holiday and my friend found a cheap deal to the Hotel Saadia in the Skanes area of Monastir.

It was while we were on this trip that I met Chokri. As we were leaving the hotel to come home we had exchanged phone numbers and addresses but the cynical side of me did not believe the words "I'll call you". Imagine my shock the following day when I came home from work and found a missed call on my answer machine.

Since then I have been back three more times to see Chokri. So for me, my fondest memory is actually of meeting a person rather than the place itself!

Instant Answers: Monastir

Comments

Monastir Favorites

Reviews and photos of Monastir favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Monastir sightseeing.