Nabeul Shopping

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Ali-Baba: Ceramics

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 22, 2005

Ali-Babab ceramics shop

The first you see is alot of pottery made in a vivid colours which stands in front of the shops. If you stop just for a second, your trade have started.

What to buy: Not an easy choice therefore take your time. There are industrial products of low quality which looks all alike, and hand-made ceramics which can be recognized by the unique motives.

What to pay: This is the key point, you'll never know weather yoor burgain was good or bad. Basicly, you never pay what they ask for, 1/3 of the asked price might be considered as a good burgain.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

carpet museum: Hand made carpets

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 22, 2005

Buing a carpet

In case you want to buy original wollen hand-made carpet, be prepared for longtime and tricky negotiations. It takes at least a couple of hours. Belive me I know what I am talking about because I spend more then two hours in this shop. This craftiness shopkeaper have presented to me over hundred of carpets different in motives, sizes and qualities. In the meantime I had excellent hot green tea and coffee.
    In my job I have alot of negotiations, therefore am very prepared in all kind of tricky burgains. This was, however, my first experience with Arabian sellers. To tell you the truth I did expect more and after all was a littlebit disappointed with his skill.

What to buy: My target was medium size wollen carpet ended by silken yarn over it surface.

What to pay: Depend on how skill you are. When I started to burgain, the seller asked me 750,00 euros for the carper I choose. After one and half hours I pay it 290,00 euros. When I come back home, was impatient to find out weather it was a good price. An expert told me it worth about one thousand euros.

• micajo's Profile Photo

Nabeul market: Ceramics and pottery

by micajo Written Jul 17, 2007

Lots of ceramic ware

There is a great market in Nabeul, it is held on Friday. It is full of souvenirs but the best ones are the hand painted ceramic plates and pottery. You have to haggle with them also but you will have nice souvenirs with bargain prices. There you will find lots of other things, but be careful what to buy. Don't make the mistake to buy from the first buyer you see cause you will probably find the same thing at a lower price.

• Childish's Profile Photo

Buy Terracotta or Embroidery

by Childish Written May 12, 2006

Nabeul, Tunisia, Market

About the pottery - we even found cheaper things in Hammamet medina.
    About clothesembroidery: There are even fixed-price shops. I bought a dress for 25TD.

Instant Answers: Nabeul

Comments

Nabeul Shopping

Reviews and photos of Nabeul shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nabeul sightseeing.