Warm Jacket if visiting Tunisia in the Winter
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Many first time visitors to Tunisia dont realy bring warm enough clothes when coming here during the winter months, even though most people coming during nov.- Feb/march, dont plan on getting sun slicked on our beutyful beaches exactly, but they tend too think that its warm enough for lighter clothes because its Africa. Well the Tunisian climate is about the same as the south Italian climate and evenings and nights do get cold! So dont only bring a warm Jacket but also warm pyjamas and warm slippers. It does rain alot in winter sometimes and the cold dampness gets all the way right into your hotel bed, and the marble floors we most often have tend to get very cold. If it was me... I would even pack a hot water bottle (you know one of them rubber ones grandma always used). :0)
- Historical Travel
Fighting the Heat - Part I
Miscellaneous: Travels to places like Tunisia involves a lot of fighting the heat, especially if you, like me (I am still surprised as to why I did that), go there right in the middle of the summer. Here’s a list of useful items to take:
- Hats and other covering: Large brimmed hats that provide head covering and some shade. For women, they are also a proof of modesty, welcomed when visiting old churches and mosques. Scarves and the like covering shoulders and arms can keep the sun off during treks. A cloth hat or scarf can be soaked to help keep the head cool.
- "Squeeze Breeze": this is a water bottle with a sprayer and a battery-operated fan attached. The beach toy to take with you!
- Sun block: While sun blocks may be purchased in Tunisia, people tend to prefer sticking with their own favourite brand (the skin, too, ‘gets used’ to it), and there’s not guarantee you’ll find it on the spot. So take your own, if you have preferences!
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices