Fighting the Heat - Part I
Miscellaneous: Travels to places like Tunisia involves a lot of fighting the heat, especially if you, like me (I am still surprised as to why I did that), go there right in the middle of the summer. Here’s a list of useful items to take:
- Hats and other covering: Large brimmed hats that provide head covering and some shade. For women, they are also a proof of modesty, welcomed when visiting old churches and mosques. Scarves and the like covering shoulders and arms can keep the sun off during treks. A cloth hat or scarf can be soaked to help keep the head cool.
- "Squeeze Breeze": this is a water bottle with a sprayer and a battery-operated fan attached. The beach toy to take with you!
- Sun block: While sun blocks may be purchased in Tunisia, people tend to prefer sticking with their own favourite brand (the skin, too, ‘gets used’ to it), and there’s not guarantee you’ll find it on the spot. So take your own, if you have preferences!
Don't forget to bring your camera!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Wear comfortable shoes,not heels.The streets are all cobblestoned
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Like everywhere in Tunisia,lots of sunscreen
Photo Equipment: Under no circumstances,DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR CAMERA....and lots of film too!
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Photos and direct prices!
- Splendia.com Luxury and character hotels. Direct prices from the hotel. Book online!