Entebbe Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Entebbe

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

by croisbeauty Written Apr 18, 2014

souvenir shop

There is a small souvenir shop inside the park with a typical craft products, mostly drums musical instruments and wooden masks. It was my first day in Uganda and I didn't buy any souvenir in the shop, considering that offer in Kampala will be much better, but my friends bought a souvenir for me. It was a black colored t-shirt with the inscription "mzungu", which in Swahili means a white man....

IGL FOREX: For FOREX sake

by muguruki Updated Mar 19, 2013

Since my last visit to Entebbe a few other FOREX bureaus have opened up. Two of these are in Entebbe town as opposed to Kitooro where previously the only other Forex bureau is sitiuated.

What to buy: You still get better rates in Kitooro.

MTN: Sim card registration

by muguruki Updated Mar 19, 2013

Getting a sim card in Uganda used to be a doddle then M7's mob decided "for security reasons" that everyone had to register to get a sim card. I was told before I got to UG that I would have to take a photo and some ID (passport or driving license). So up I strolled to the MTN shop in Entebbe town and bought a new sim from the helpfull girl behind the counter, my old sim didn't work which I tried as soon as I arrived. It cost me 3000UGX handed over my passport, the young lady then SMSed my details off to wherever and I was registered. No need for a photo! It was all easy peasy.

So I bought 5000UGX worth of credit and called Mama to tell her I hadn't got malaria.

What to pay: 3000UGX

Entebbe Forex Bureaux: Shopping for money

by muguruki Written Feb 18, 2010

Very handy if you are coming or going to the airport as this place gives better rates than the Forex at the airport arivals hall but not quite as good as those in Kampala.

Kitoro market: IF ITS TUESDAY IT MUST BE KITORO

by muguruki Written Jun 2, 2009

If it’s Tuesday it must be Kitoro. The small market that exists most days of the week here on Tuesdays becomes a much bigger affair with all the usual foods and second hand cloths.

Instant Answers: Entebbe

Comments

Entebbe Shopping

Reviews and photos of Entebbe shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Entebbe sightseeing.