Gulu Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Gulu

Gulu: Market

by muguruki Updated Jun 11, 2013

I was in Gulu in May 2013 and the market had been replaced by a building site. If the proposed artists’ impression of what the market in the future looks like is accurate then Gulu will have a mall like all singing all dancing multi storey market.

I was told that building of the market started 3 years ago.

In the meantime the market has temporarily shifted just north of town just passed Uchumi supermarket.

Handicraft shop: Handicraft shop

by muguruki Updated Nov 15, 2007

This really helpful young lady will serve you in the Handicraft shop for handicrafts and really nice yoghurt as well as all the house hold items on the shelf behind her.

Whist I was in the shop drinking my bongo a bloke walked in and wanted to buy a bow and arrow. I asked what he was going to shoot with his bow and arrow thinking he was going to say something like rabbits, rats or lizards; calmly he replied thieves!

What to buy: Musical instruments, kids toys, dolls, spears, bows and arrows.

Jetset FOREX: £££££ $$$$$$

by muguruki Updated Dec 20, 2010

Before I headed up north to Gulu I changed a lot of my money in Kampala thinking there would be little chance to change my £s at a decent rate.

Wrong! Jetset Forex in Gulu town was open untill 8 in the evening and had as good rates as a lot of places in the capital.

Instant Answers: Gulu

Comments

Gulu Shopping

Reviews and photos of Gulu shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gulu sightseeing.