Kabale Travel Guide

by muguruki

Kabale Restaurants

• muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Written Feb 26, 2010

I popped in here for a late night snack and walked away with a mandazi. Although I must admit to being tempted by the sign on the wall of the New Manhattern that was advertising “Toase of bread”.

I had a more than acceptable meal of fresh beans and foods in the Sunland.

If you are expecting to see lots of late night food stalls lining the streets of the town like you do in many Ugandan towns then in Kabale you will be disappointed.

Kabale Nightlife

• muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Updated Feb 19, 2010

I traipsed up and down trying to find some sign of life in this dreary town but the liveliest place I found was the California Bar. Well at least they were playing music and I could see some people inside. So I entered the bar went up to the counter and ordered a Nile. I sat on the stool by the counter and turned around to see that out of maybe twenty people in the bar there was only one other person who had a drink in front of them. A large majority of the people longing around the bar happened to be young girls, and with the long row of trucks outside I guessed what kind of bar this was.

So the only sign of life in Kabale after dark was this sad knocking shop. I drank up and went back to my hotel.

Instant Answers: Kabale

Comments

Kabale Travel Guide
Map of Kabale