Kampala Restaurants

by DAO

Best Rated Restaurants in Kampala

• The Lawns Restaurant: Great Steaks, Burger & Mixed Grill Platter

by johan_kemp Written Mar 20, 2010

Amazing Menu.. Lawns offers wide range of food from across the world. The Menu is very interesting. Offers lots of fusion food delights.... Best service in the town- the moment you enter the restaurant premises, you are guided by front of house and escorted to your table or bar, then service staff takes over and guides you through maze of food & drinks options. Wide range of steaks, burgers, grilled meat and Game meat. When the food arrived, I was amazed with the portion size and presentation. Beautiful crockery. The garden is beautiful, and decoration of the restaurant is very much like Country side restaurant. Overall I had amazing experience.

Favorite Dish: Mixed Grill Platter, Ostrich Burger, Kudu Poppers, Springbok fingers and Lawns Super Steak

• melow's Profile Photo

Faze 2: Dont miss the prawn curry

by melow Written May 21, 2007

Great ambiance...not too loud and not even close to dull! Food is really tasty! I love the prawn curry with cheese naan! Make sure u go to the gym after this meal !

Favorite Dish: Prawn curry and cheese naan or mashed potatoes

• mariaoctavio's Profile Photo

FUSION 9-BUKHARA: AN ABSOLUTE TREAT FOR THE TASTE BUDS

by mariaoctavio Written Oct 17, 2006

I ventured out to this new restaurant few weeks back n simply loved evrything about it. The food was gorgeous, the surrondings were superb coz they have given a very jungle like theme to the place amidst which u have a resturant,lounge,bar and a sheesha bar which is on a hieght and from there everything looks brilliant. The restuarant which has a concept of a Dhaba i-e a very ancient concept of sitting on couches called the 'charpai' ,n screening of latest bollywood songs with video's ..........oh the experience is so unwinding and relaxing. Since it is surrounded by gardens and is so open u can feel the fresh air while eating warm and sumptuous food

Favorite Dish: My personal favorite was hahahahaha nearly everything i ordered right from malai kofta (cottage cheese dumplings in a beautiful creamy sauce),chicken tandoori( i guess everyone really knows wat chicken tandoori is), dal bukhara (now that is my personal favorite as well but i dont really know what it is exactly hahah hang on but i am sure of 1 thing that it tastes simply heavenly) and finally Kashmiri rice( steamed rie with dry fruits and vegetables). Gosh the food out here is great!

• Luxury Travel

• Waxbag's Profile Photo

“Haandi Indian Restaurant”: Best Dining:

by Waxbag Written Nov 20, 2005

Offers wide variety of North Indian Punjabi cuisine at mid range prices. Dining is formal with linens and black tie waiters. You can watch the chefs prepare your food through the large windows.Air conditioned. Mains $7.00 - $15.00US

• The Lawns Restaurant: Amazing food in Kampala

by Gammel Written Jul 27, 2010

I was recently in Uganda on Safari trip, and stayed in Kampala for one week. I was invited to a party by one of my friend at The Lawns restaurant. I was amazed by the quality of service & food at The Lawns during the Party. We were served variety of finger foods along with cocktails & other drinks. The most exciting part of the party was, the whole Crocodile tail was being grilled in front of us on barbeque, and then served to us with some tangy sauce.

It was an amazing party and very well managed by Lawns management. I went to Lawns again for dinner on my own next day. I was pretty amazed by the wide variety of food options they have to offer, and from various parts of the world. It was difficult for me to decide my food order. But the Executive Chef - a white south african, guided me and offered me Game meat delicacies - Kudu Poppers, Crocodile in Garlic Wine Sauce with Rice in main and freshly made Apple Pie in dessert. Everything was excellent. I was very impressed by their presentation of food, and timing for serving. I visited the place two more time before I left Kampala. I love this place and look forward to visit Kampala again.

Favorite Dish: Kudu Poppers - Kudu cubes wrapped in bacon & grilled to perfection: what a combination; great starter
    Grilled Rack of Ribs with Peri Peri sauce: great starter
    Tandoori Chicken - best Tandoori Chicken I have ever ate anywhere
    Cafreal Tilapia

Ethiopian Village: Ethiopian Village in Kampala

by georeiser Written Jul 30, 2010
    Ethiopian Village in Kampala

Ethiopian Village is a popular restaurant that serves Ethiopian traditional cuisine. The restaurant is located 3-400 metres up Tank Hill Road.
    I was here one month before the terror bomb exploded in the restaurant during the Football World cup in July 2010.

Favorite Dish: Injera

• Photography

My Chuchi: My Chuchi bar & Restaurant

by georeiser Updated Jul 30, 2010
    My Chuchi bar & Restaurant in Kampala

Steak 18800,- UGS (8,5 USD)
    Beer 3000,- UGS (1,5 USD)
    Coke: 2500,- UGS (1 USD)

My Chuchi bar & Restaurant is a small eating place in Kabalagala where you can eat European food. The place is expensive compared to African standards, but it's popular due to the quality of the food. The place is owned by a swiss man.

Favorite Dish: Steak

Ponnus Restaurant: Ponnus Restaurant in Kampala

by georeiser Written Jul 30, 2010
    Ponnus Restaurant in Kampala

Ponnus Restaurant is a Lebanese fastfood restaurant with good and cheap food.
    They serve breakfast, snacks, sandwiches, burgers, pizza, tandori bread and Lebanese food like Hommos, Falafel, Fattoush, Taboule.
    Water, coke: 1000 UGS (0,5 USD)
    Beer: 2500 UGS (1 USD)

Favorite Dish: Burger, coke and African tea (see pictures)

• The Lawns Restaurant: Great food - amazing game meat options

by tim_challer Updated Oct 6, 2010

The Lawns restaurant is located in Kololo - a porsche location next to downtown area, 10 min drive from all important locations in Kampala. The restaurant is setup in large matured garden. Dining area & Bar are tastefully constructed/decorated, giving a feel of country side restaurant.

Take your drinks in Bar, dinner in dining area and desert in their garden lounge. Its an awesome experience at The Lawns.

Favorite Dish: Ostrich Burger
    Sizzling Kudu
    Crocodile Tikka Masala
    Apple Pie

• SOHO cafe & grill: A SOHO experience in Africa

by jojikan Updated Mar 31, 2011
    SOHO as seen from the road or entrance to the buil

Recently while driving around K'la city i Stumble across a Soho sign on a new building along the golf course area, curious i ventured inside. Having looked over the drink menu that was handed to me at SoHo Cafe and Grill on Yusuf Lule road in Kampala and with the encouragement of the Manager I opted for an espresso sundae.
    As the name suggests the drink is made of coffee, ice cream and nuts.
    After being assured that the drink will take five minutes to make and being skeptical about the timing (it would not be the first time I had been disappointed by service in kampala,though never yet at this cafe) I sat down to wait for my drink.
    True to the waiter's word, my drink was sitting in front of me five minutes later with a long teaspoon to go with it. Having never had this drink before but knowing that a teaspoon is for scooping, I proceeded to attack the drink with the cream sitting on top of the cup and the now cold chilled coffee below. And yes was refreshing on a hot afternoon! Before long I had no doubt that there was some whisky present on the counter for liqueur coffees.
    I would espresso sundae to the ladies on any occasion especially after a hearty grilled meal. the terrace that overlooks uganda golf course makes for quite a view accompanied by some jazz music in the background. The place is fairly new in town no much distraction and noise common in high traffic coffee shops. it's a good spot if you're looking to relax with a good book. Well that is what I would recommend anyway.

Favorite Dish: "SOHO signature dish"

Made of skinned spring chicken, fried with ghee in an african brick oven. served sweet mash and a strange but tasty blue cheese sauce.

The espresso sundae did it for me! really superb (guess its coz the afternoon was particularly hot)

• Singles

Ekitoobero Restaurant: originalllllllllll

by napparawy Written Sep 23, 2009
    My favourite dinner!

I like it so much I dine there may be 2 times/week. it's clean and tasty. let them describe for you the menu it's a bit complicated!
    you have to try Matooke and Chapati with Goat meat sause cooked in Banana leaves!

Favorite Dish: My fav dish is Goat meat cooked in Banana leaves or smoked fish in groundnuts sauce!

• napparawy's Profile Photo

Mamba point: Best Pizza Everrrr Best restuarant in Kampala!

by napparawy Written Sep 23, 2009

Best italian pizza I ever had! thin, crunchy and tastyyyyyyyyyy
    The pizzaria and the restuarant are two different places (about 300 m away)
    The restuarnt is very elegant and everything is so deliciousss starting from soup, main dish and desserts

Favorite Dish: My favourite pizza: Parma Ham pizza

• Wine Tasting

Cafe Roma: Very Tasty Pizza and Pasta

by napparawy Written Sep 24, 2009

A wonderfull place, mainly for Mozongos and rich Ugandians. Pizza there is VERY tasty - try Parma Ham Pizza and Frutte de Mare Pizza - They have various types of Pasta. Very crowded on the weekend, a lot of families go with their kids.

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Jiddah: Peas

by muguruki Updated Feb 22, 2010

Many a time in Kampala I ate at this place just round the corner form where I was staying. I would usually plump for the peas or beans for lunch always served with the full range of foods,
    sweet potato, posho, rice, pumpkin, matoke yam and some greens.

The passion juice here when it was available is lovely.

• The Lawns Restaurant: The best Game Meat in Kampala

by john_gilard Updated Mar 3, 2010
    The Lawns Restaurant

I travel to East Africa - Nairobi, Dar, Kampala and other cities, frequently. I have ate at Carnovore many times- but sadly it is no more a game meat restaurant. Recently I found about this high end International restaurant - The Lawns, in Kololo, Kampala. They serve wide variety of international cuisine, especially Game Meat. I have visited 3-4 times to The Lawns by now, and every time tried different varieties of game meat dishes - Crocodile Tikka, Sizzling Kudu, Impala Steak, etc. I suggest their Game Meat Platter is the best starter dish, followed by one of their game meat steak or game meat curry dishes. Lovely ambiance, good selection of wine and most importantly great service!!! Thumbs up to The Lawns.

Favorite Dish: Game Meat Platter, Sizzling Kudu, Crocodile in Pineapple Chilli sauce, Wild Tandoori Platter (Game meat in Indian tandoori style -- great combination)

Instant Answers: Kampala

Comments

Kampala Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kampala restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kampala sightseeing.