Stay close to your guide.
As I mentioned earlier, if the mountain gorillas of Uganda only knew the plight of their future and what was being done to both protect them on one hand and to decimate their numbers on the other, they would not be interacting with humans with the trust that they display.
The sad truth is that poachers frequent these forests.
These poachers come in the form of local villagers looking to cash in on the pet trade by kidnapping the very young.
Other poachers cross the border from the Congo and kill for the fur, head or hands before leaving the carcass to rot in the forest.
No matter who they are, they are spineless, heartless, cruel and depraved individuals with no sense of humanity.
I therefore decided to stay close to the guide with the biggest gun…so that I could point out a poacher if I saw one! The poachers do shoot in an attempt to evade capture.Related to:
- Jungle and Rain Forest
Explore the World
- Yelapa Hotels
- Provincia de La Vega Hotels
- Skull Hotels
- Niort Hotels
- Llandudno Warnings and Dangers
- Kiruna Warnings and Dangers
- Drinking/ Driving/ Police
- Afghanistan Warnings and Dangers
- Fortitude Valley
- Hershey Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Cruz Warnings and Dangers
- Cavtat Warnings and Dangers
- Bonn Warnings and Dangers
- Weston-Super-Mare Warnings and Dangers