Lira Nightlife

• Nightlife
    by muguruki
    Oyam Rd, the quiet before the storm.
    by muguruki

Most Recent Nightlife in Lira

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Club 24-7: JB 24-7

by muguruki Updated Feb 15, 2013

I arrived at Lira on a Saturday and I was fully expecting the night club to be blaring out music all night. It may well have done but being in possession of a tidy pair of ear plugs I slept like a log.

On that first night that I was in town I honestly thought the nightclub was called JB 24-7 but it wasn't until the next day that I could see that half the lighting on the name above the door was not working. A week a so later when I was back in town they had repaired the lights but with a different colour light strips so it still looked like JB 24.

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Any bar on Oyam Rd: A night out on the lash in Lira

by muguruki Updated May 22, 2008

Oyam Rd, the quiet before the storm.

They like a drink in this part of the world. The centre of the nightlife in Lira concentrates itself around the south end of Oyam road the area they call Kenyatta. One of the bars/lodges here is called Kenyatta but there over half a dozen boozers on either side of the road selling beer at the same cheap (1,500) price. If you have got the stamina things can go on through the night, never managed myself to get too much further past midnight.

Like a lot of towns in Uganda the streets at night are choka with people selling muchomo and rolex.

Instant Answers: Lira

Comments

Lira Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lira nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lira sightseeing.