Soroti Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Soroti

Cycle hire

by muguruki Updated Mar 20, 2013

I was wandering along the main street in Soroti when I came across a well stocked second hand bike shop and I imediately started missing my bike at home. The young chappie who worked there asked which bike I ws interested in and I told him I was juist missing old faithfull.

"You can hire a bike for the day for 7,000" he said. Well that was it I came back the next day. They didn't even need a deposit, so I aske if they needed my phone number

"No we trust you"

So I rode off with a well used Townsend mountain bike that still had two old bike locks attached to the machine.

I got my money's worth as a mate of mine said the lake was only 5k away down a straight road. 20k down the road in Lale I was still a couple of clicks away from the lake. Ipaused breifly befopre heading back to town for a scoop and a bite to eat before riding off to Madera and back for a spin around town. A good days riding around 40 mile.

The bikes were all 2nd hand some of them very rough but I had no problems with my machine. According to the boss the bikes all come from the UK.

"A container is leaving today from Sothhampton with 200 of our bikes inside" he told me.

e-mail @ this place

by muguruki Written Mar 1, 2010

A few places arouind town where you can search the web. There is a cyber cafe at the Landmark Hotel, There is this one that I have a picture of the sign outside on Solot Avenue and there is one at the crossroads by the gardens and near Teso Coach.

I never got to use the the one in Landmark which I was told was fast. But I have used the other two and found them both fast and the staff their friendly and helpfull.

Soroti Rock

by muguruki Written Jun 5, 2008

In the last few years since the rise of the LRA there are now armed arrow boys on top of Soroti rock guarding the water tank that supplies the town. If you want to climb the rock you will need to get permission from Soroti Municipal Council they have an office; if you walk from the centre of town towards the rock you won’t be a million miles away from the office. Their number is 045 61601, you will need to produce the written permission when you get near the top of the rock, a couple of cigarettes will keep the well armed arrow boys sweet.

• muguruki's Profile Photo

Take a look at the Hindu temple

by muguruki Updated Jun 3, 2008

I just think the Hindu temple is well placed with a back drop of Soroti rock in the background. Last time I was in town the temple had a fence around and clearly in the last few years the place has had some work done on it.

Instant Answers: Soroti

Comments

Soroti Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Soroti things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Soroti sightseeing.