Tororo Travel Guide

Tororo Things to Do

• muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Written Jun 2, 2008

The obvious thing to do in Tororo is to climb up Tororo rock.

I had every intention of climbing the rock. I asked in the Tembo from which direction I was to climb the rock and I was told its best to walk down the road towards Malaba and then turn towards the rock. I was told that it should only take an hour to climb. I wandered down the Malaba road and found the turn off to the rock after asking directions a couple of times. I was surprised to see that there is now a cable car that runs to the top of the rock but at the moment the cable car isn't working. Even so there are a couple of blokes with guns who guard the cable car at the bottom of the rock who then climb the rock and spend the nigh there. By the time I had reached the cable car I was hot and sweaty and must have looked it as the guys guarding the place suggested I come back in the morning with some water and biscuits.

The next day I caught the first bus back to Kampala leaving the rock unclimbed.

Tororo Restaurants

• muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Written Jun 2, 2008

I ate here a couple of times in my short stay in Tororo. A good choice of food and the pickle they served with beans is turned a good meal into an excellent meal.

Favorite Dish: All the usual Ugandan staples as well as chips.

Instant Answers: Tororo

Comments

Tororo Travel Guide
Map of Tororo