Laayoune Plage Local Customs

walking the camel
    camel feet
  • our hosts - abdullatif and his wife, with surio71
    our hosts - abdullatif and his wife,...

Most Recent Local Customs in Laayoune Plage

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

a sweet tooth

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 18, 2008

There are two things that are defnitely not missing in laayoune... the first is pharmacies (there are dozens of them) the second - and most important - is patisseries... hudreds. Definitely people living there have a sweet tooth.

There's plenty of cakes and sweets to be bought, and all look delicious. Hard to buy only a few pieces of them, we discovered. The nice lady at the shop did only know the prices by the kilo.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

camels - and their feet

by call_me_rhia Updated Jan 12, 2008

You may forget that you are in the middle of the desert, while in Laayoune town, but if you take a short stroll outside town, you will be remembered soon... occasionally you may see men walking their camels by the side of the road.

I really don't know where this man was walking his camel - and I'm not even sure I want to know. Just remember that camel meat - feet in particular - is a real delicacy. It was cooked for us on New Years Eve by a very friendly local family we had the chance of meeting. Not exactly yummy, though...

In the second photo (my apologies for the bad quality) our dish of camel feet on the left, and mutton on the right

walking the camel camel feet our hosts - abdullatif and his wife, with surio71 abdullatif's wife and I a true saharawi beauty

Instant Answers: Laayoune Plage

Comments

Laayoune Plage Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Laayoune Plage local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Laayoune Plage sightseeing.

View all Laayoune Plage hotels