Laayoune Plage Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Laayoune Plage

la madone: moroccan-style pizza

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 18, 2008

our pizza

A small hole in the wall and not the best pizza in the world, but for sure the friendliest pizza place... The owner (and chef) was obviously excited about having two italian customers eat his pizzas... I thought I could not disappoint him by telling him only one of us was Italian. He told us he learned to make pizzas by watching movies...

Favorite Dish: We had a very good meal - which looked like a pizza and tasted delicious but which had as a base arab bread, not pizza dough. The topping was great, though - and we really enjoyed our meal. We also managed to order it without tomato sauce, fearing it would come with ketch-up - only to discover later that the man knew the right ingredients to use.

The positive side is that, if you go now, there should be another pizza on the menu - pizza bianca - which we had to write down for him and explain what it was.

roma: roasted chicken

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 13, 2008

our tasteless chicken

A small hole in the wall restaurant kinda place, which had these glorious roasted chickens cooking - and the most inviting smell. It was an easy decision to take, we would have chicken for dinner. It was a bad decision, too...

Favorite Dish: The chicken was really tasteless... I would really not recommend it. We discovered only later that the delicious smell did not come from the restaurant but from a home attached to it. How we wished we hadbeen invited, there. it might have been better with salt, only there was none.
    No mineral water either, only fizzy drinks - the owner looked a bit annoyed that we did not order anything to drink - he was well stocked up with all sorts of soft drinks. But no water.

restaurant Josefina: fish and seafood - spanish style

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 12, 2008

my calamari

Unexpected delicious food, in this 2 star hotel/restaurant in Laayoune Plage. The restaurant is simply and very clean - and it is supposed to be the best restaurant in the area, and it's often full of people. The owners are two Spanish people, Jose and Fina - and their fish ad seafood is often grilled or else cooked in real Spanish style.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant has a very promising menu and for those in desperate need of pork meat there's even real jamon serrano... the very nice waiter will bring you the menu, let you read it carefully, and then come up to you with the "catch of the day" which he obviously recommends. Can you say no? It was delicious, in particular my grilled calamari - so fresh. The only negative aspect (my fault, I must admit) is that all dishes are served with fries - so if you would rather have a salad, remember to ask for it when you order.

Sidenote. if you try to order something else from the menu - no problem - but you will be informed with a smile that that fish is not very fresh anymore.... would you still want it?

Instant Answers: Laayoune Plage

Comments

Laayoune Plage Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Laayoune Plage restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Laayoune Plage sightseeing.

View all Laayoune Plage hotels