Lusaka What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Lusaka

• Kid-A's Profile Photo

Bring a watch!

by Kid-A Written Mar 9, 2008

Miscellaneous: If you're like me, you tell time not by a wrist watch or the position of the sun, but by my mobile phone. Well I couldn't get a mobile phone signal in either Zambia or Botswana, so leaving my phone on caused the battery to die much quicker (usually my mobile phone battery lasts about a week -- but there is lasted about 8 hours because it was constantly searching for a signal!)

• Tsakane's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Tsakane Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Summer is hot, anything light goes. Winter is something difficult to imagine; it IS cold!!! Take something warm, esp. night time is chilly.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Malaria is there during the rain season, and also in some areas where there is stagnant water year round. Mediacation is essentian (paludrine/heliopar)! Also take a 1st aid kit with antiseptic swaps, needles & syringes, painkillers & some multipurpose antibiothics.

Photo Equipment: Take really all what you think you are going to need for taking pics, things might be there but the cost and quality are not really something one would be prepared for...

Miscellaneous: If traveling during the rain season, take a mosquito net!!! Thanks to my own carelesness I managed to get malaria... never again!!!

• Kid-A's Profile Photo

Power adaptor

by Kid-A Written Mar 9, 2008

Miscellaneous: This one pictured I bought in Botswana. It's a good one because I can plug American stuff and European stuff into it.

Instant Answers: Lusaka

Comments

Lusaka What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Lusaka what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lusaka sightseeing.