Related Northern Province Favorites Tips

• My travels in Northern & Luapula Provinces
    My travels in Northern & Luapula...
    by Bwana_Brown

Most Viewed Favorites in Northern Province

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Map of Zambia

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 5, 2005

Favorite thing: Zambia is a fairly large country, although it does not look to be so on a map of Africa! At 752,000 square km in size, it is slightly bigger than the state of Texas and is almost 50% larger than France.

I was living in Luanshya, in the industrialized Copperbelt Province (just southwest of the 'Pedicle' sticking down from the Congo). As a result, for my one drive to Northern Province I initially headed south before swinging up the Great North Road toward Tanzania. After exploring the farthest reaches of Zambia in that direction, the return route took me west to the border of the Congo for further touring in Luapula Province. Then it was through the Pedicle to home!

By the way, Victoria Falls is located at the very bottom of the map, at Livingstone, just west of the large lake formed on the Zambesi River by the Kariba Dam (border of Zambia and Zimbabwe).

My travels in Northern & Luapula Provinces

Instant Answers: Northern Province

Comments

Northern Province Favorites

Reviews and photos of Northern Province favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Northern Province sightseeing.
Map of Northern Province