Victoria Falls Favorites

• Favorites
    by Juyish
    Riding through the Jungle!
    by Juyish
  • Bring your poncho and wear good traking shoes!
    Bring your poncho and wear good traking...

Most Recent Favorites in Victoria Falls

• Booking activities

by LA_Mer Written Jun 25, 2004

Favorite thing: If you are looking to book activities in Vic Falls, I recommend chatting with Mags Varley at Backpackers Bazaar. She and her husband Leon (with whom I did a walking safari in Hwange) run this office and a backpackers lodge in town. They are great folks and their office is very friendly and honest. I enjoyed working with them and hanging out with them socially. The office is on Boabab Street, check it out.

• Hiking and Walking

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

How much time do you need in Vic Falls?

by travelmad478 Written Nov 29, 2003

Favorite thing: I suppose you can spend as much time as you want to, but for us, 26 hours wasn't enough. We were limited to this amount of time since we were working in Johannesburg on Friday and Monday. There are no evening flights to Vic Falls on Friday night, so we had to fly out Saturday morning. The last flight back to Johannesburg left at around 4 PM on Sunday. If I were to do it again, I'd plan for at least another full day on the ground. If your trip to Vic Falls is the only time you'll spend in Zimbabwe, try to stay even longer so you can get to see some wildlife. To do this right, visiting some nearby parks, takes at least a full day.

• Kramer01's Profile Photo

The Falls - The power of mother nature!

by Kramer01 Written Sep 14, 2003

Fondest memory: The park is kept with a minimal impact by man. Forget the lineup of restaurants or souvenirs shop, there's none of this! It makes the walk through the park a real pleasure for the senses without distractions. Wherever you are you can hear the thunder of the water crashing down the falls...

• Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking

Guides Card

A Keep-Sake

Favorite thing: I like keeping things from my trips. This is one. I became friendly with the Guide. He
    talked about needing supplies ect. I had mentioned there is a ARMY SURPLUS STORE near me. I guess he thought it would
    be easy to send things to him. It would have never worked. But I have not forgotten him.
    10/1999

Fondest memory: The nice people of ZIMBABWE!

Elephant Guide

Leader!

Favorite thing: They has us stop here and there. This no 15min ride. We were out about 3hrs!
    The guides name: Shadreck. A nice man.
    Seemed very respectful of his ELEPHANTS.
    This is also no fenced in yard. It's out in the bush. Do you see the BULL ELEPHANT
    tin the back towards the right? Between the 2 trees? No problem, very exciting. My first WILD ELEPHANT!

Fondest memory: Much to do. So little TIME!

Elephant Company

My Little Friends

Favorite thing: You are able to set up options while staying
    at VIC FALLS. With hardly any time here. My first pick was the ELEPHANT RIDE. Glad I did.
    It was worth the $130.00. Put it on the VISA anyway,lol! Here comes our rides. They had I think about 8 or 12 young ELEPHANTS.
    Well taken cared for and still are. I found now in SO. AFRICA. With the problems and drought in ZIMBABWE. Not enough peole visiting. But I know ILLALA LODGE is still
    going. Thats the kind of info I get from my
    ZIMBABWE guide friend.

Fondest memory: The ELEPHANT RIDE, & VIC FALLS ROAR!

• safardreams's Profile Photo

Tiny People, Massive FALLS!

by safardreams Written Sep 2, 2003

There are 2 people to the left!

Favorite thing: There is couple that just went over the wood fence. I didn't, with my luck I would get caught! But look at the size contrast of the people and the FALLS!
    You can see those 2 people to the left can't you?

Fondest memory: The POWER, the SOUND!

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Stuff to do

by littlebush Written Feb 13, 2003

the falls again!

Favorite thing: The falls themself are in a national park, about a 20 minute walk from town. It costs $20 to get into the NP. The gorge which they flow into is a mile wide and they are spectacular seen from the air or on the ground. You can follow a set of paths around the falls inside the park. I went in December which is the start of the wet season and a good time to go as the water isnt too powerful and so not too much spray! In high season, although the water is more spectacluar, apparently its hard to see anything due to the spray! Apart from the falls, there are loads of activities to do, see the must do section for those.

Fondest memory: Vic Falls has a good nightlife scene, not much tp choose from but plenty of tourists there drinking so we had plenty of good nights out! Apart from drinking, the falls were spectacular and the flight over them was cool! otherwise didnt do much else as it was too expensive!

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

The smoke that thunders

by SirRichard Written Feb 25, 2003

An aerial view of the Falls

Favorite thing: Before Livingstone discovery, native Africans called the waterfalls Mosi-o-Tunya, "the smoke that thunders", because of the water steam that could be seen from the distance as you approached the place.
    Livingstone christened the great waterfall Victoria Falls after his queen.

• Eco-Tourism

RAINBOWS FOREVER!!

by safardreams Written Feb 25, 2003

WON'T STOP!

Favorite thing: I love the sound of the water!! But I love the rainbow even more!! I wish I had taken more
    pics while I was here. But I know better now.
    So, take many pics if you go visit!!

Fondest memory: I met this German named ALAN. We talked about our cameras. The sunrise that was
    on it's way. Nice man. Didn't have e-mail at the time. Never did get his address.

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Victoria Falls

by Bigs Written Feb 25, 2003

Powerful waters

Favorite thing: The falls are just amazing!!!! I have been there when it has been a very low water level and still it was such a powerful sight and sound!!! It was a magic moment to me!

Fondest memory: I always miss the Zimbabwian People, they have made my stay here so unforgetable!!!

• Adventure Travel

• B_Caro's Profile Photo

a Helicopter flight

by B_Caro Written Nov 24, 2002

Fondest memory: During my trip in Zimbabwe (take a look at it to read more about my trip in Zimbabwe), I also spend a few hours in Zambia. In fact it was nothing more then a 30 minute flight above the falls and the drive to & from the heliport ;-)

Arriving at the campground in Vic falls, there are a lot of people outside the campsite who offers you helicopter flights, rafting, bungee-jumping and other activities. Vic Falls is full of these kind of tour operators.

I liked the idea of a helicopter flight above the falls, so it didn’t take me long to decide. Finally we were with 4 to go.

The flight started from the Zambian side of the falls.

In the afternoon, they picked us up with a jeep and we went to heliport. After some formalities, first at the border, then at the agency, we finally could start.

Actually I felt sick from the first moment that the helicopter took off (and I felt that way during the whole flight)

But ok, that didn’t keep me from taking a lot of pictures and enjoying the views. But I was very glad when I felt the earth again under my feet. ;-))

We chose to do a 30 minutes flight. Besides the falls, we would also fly upstream , seeing the Zambesi and a game park, and downstream, there where the wild Zambesi is popular for rafters.

• georeiser's Profile Photo

Dr.Livingstone statue

by georeiser Written Oct 24, 2009

Dr.Livingstone monument in Victoria Falls

Fondest memory: A monument from 1955 of Dr. Livingstone is located close to the falls (100 meters to the left after the entrance).

• Adventure Travel

• grets's Profile Photo

Sunsets

by grets Written Aug 5, 2004

Favorite thing: From any hotel or travel agent, you can arrange a sundowner cruise. We had music, food and drinks included, as well as a beautiful sunset.

• Birdwatching

The First Bull Elephant

He is Looking!

Favorite thing: The BIG BULL was watching us. Do you see
    the TUSKS poking from the tree? He wants no trouble. Just keeping and eye on us.

Fondest memory: My first WILD ELEPHANT!

Instant Answers: Victoria Falls

Comments

Victoria Falls Favorites

Reviews and photos of Victoria Falls favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Victoria Falls sightseeing.

View all Victoria Falls hotels