Chittagong Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Chittagong

• BobYourUncle's Profile Photo

Handi: India with a touch of Bangla

by BobYourUncle Written Jun 6, 2012

Four of us and I guess we ordered too much.
    Back home (India) when you order for a kabab platter and the main course - the former comes first followed by the main course about 30 minutes later. Here the parathas and chicken bhortha (local) came first followed shortly afterward by the kababs. So we couldn't do justice. Moreover, I was told the Hyderabadi Biriyani was the best here and we decided to have it anyway - one more reason we couldn't do justice to the platter of kababs.
    Tasty food I must say. The touch of Bangla - is the mild sweet flavour to the dishes

Favorite Dish: You must try the "Chicken Bortha (Local)" - boneless chicken in a tomato/onion based gravy. Not sure if the word "local" meant the local variation of the Indian dish or whether the chicken was local - meaning free-roaming as against poultry farm bred.

• Gnome's Profile Photo

Meridien Hotel: Meridien Hotel

by Gnome Written Aug 24, 2002

The food is edible - I hope I don't offend anyone here, but if you are going to Chittagong, food can be a BIG BIG problem. This is a nice restaurant, and the food is fresh. I am writing from 1996 memories, so things may have changed. I am just posting this message, as I know all the trouble I had in Chittagong with food - and I only hope I can help another traveller.

Favorite Dish: Fish is good.

Instant Answers: Chittagong

Comments

Chittagong Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chittagong restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chittagong sightseeing.