Chittagong Travel Guide

• Chittagong
    by swissgabe

Chittagong Things to Do

• Foy's Lake

The brand new Foy’s Lake Resort is a unique getaway in Chittagong where you can stay in luxurious accommodation while enjoying the natural beauty of Foy’s Lake and the entertainment of its two theme parks

• world war II Cemetery

well-preserved cemetery at quiet and picturesque place lie buried over 700 soldiers from commonwealth countries and Japan.

• The cow.

This is a really silly thing, but one of my funniest memories of Chittagong was a particularly large cow that used to sit in front of Chittagong's one and only ATM machine. I was always wanting to get some money, like everyone else in the town. However, I am sure that the ATM was never used, as it was the favourite resting place for one of the many...

Chittagong Restaurants

• India with a touch of Bangla

Four of us and I guess we ordered too much.Back home (India) when you order for a kabab platter and the main course - the former comes first followed by the main course about 30 minutes later. Here the parathas and chicken bhortha (local) came first followed shortly afterward by the kababs. So we couldn't do justice. Moreover, I was told the...

• Meridien Hotel

The food is edible - I hope I don't offend anyone here, but if you are going to Chittagong, food can be a BIG BIG problem. This is a nice restaurant, and the food is fresh. I am writing from 1996 memories, so things may have changed. I am just posting this message, as I know all the trouble I had in Chittagong with food - and I only hope I can help...

• Chittagong Hotels

0 Hotels in Chittagong

Chittagong Nightlife

• by faria_sherlin Updated Jan 28, 2010

I will be an elegant, attractive and entertaining companion, who will fit the particular situation perfectly in style and appearance.

I'm available in Dhaka, Chittagong area ONLY for VIPs/ Foreign visitors/ Diplomats/I'm doing only hot sex, it's secrete and confidentially.

I am fascinated by meeting interesting people, discovering their secret wishes and longings and by making theirs and my own dreams come true.

I genuinely enjoy my work and am very passionate. I love to give pleasure and I pride myself on being a true GFE.

• Spa and Resort

Chittagong Transportation

by Gnome Updated Aug 24, 2002

This poses a big problem. Unless you are coming from Calcutta, you will have do get a domestic flight from Dhaka in Bangladesh, on 'Biman Bangladesh' airlines. This can be a totally hair raising experience, as the planes are really old and smelly and not very safe looking. I was sitting near the emergency exit, which whistled and provided lots of fresh air. Don't complain, as the fresh air enables you to breathe, as the planes smell really really bad. The other alternatives are to go on a train that is infested with malaria carrying mosquitoes, or on a very dangerous road from Dhaka.

Chittagong Tourist Traps

by Gnome Written Aug 24, 2002

Chittagong Zoo - this is a pretty sad zoo, as they do not have the funds to upkeep the infrastructure. If you are a foreigner, you will become a major tourist attraction, as all the locals will want to have their photo taken with you.

Chittagong Off The Beaten Path

• BobYourUncle's Profile Photo

by BobYourUncle Updated Jun 6, 2012

These were busy days. But somewhere along the way I heard someone local say the Patenga Beach is the place to go to for some local trinkets.
    Now I expected a beach "beach". But this was just metres and metres of sea-coast lined with stones and breakers presumably to prevent flooding. So no making sand castles, no waiting for the waves to lap at your feet, no lazing on your beach towel!
    What you do have running parallel the waterline are rows of shops selling stuff made of shells and stuff from the sea. Also clothes and other touristy stuff. None of this was unique and I didn't even stop to ask for prices.
    Retrospectively, I can't think why this is a tourist spot. But it did seem to be a favourite with the locals - families, college kids and couples. On the other hand just the drive from the airport past the hundred ships and trawlers anchored in the sea, and the road along the Naval Base seemed worth the short visit.

• Beaches

Chittagong Favorites

by Gnome Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Book your ticket back out. This is a place you do not want to be stuck in....

Fondest memory: Leaving on the plane on the way out.... But this is not a good as when you land at your destination, as any plane that flies out of Chittagong is very old, with a higher than usual chance of crashing!!!

Instant Answers: Chittagong

Comments

Explore Deeper into Chittagong
Ship Breaking