Diego Garcia Restaurants

Fine cuisine!
    by Jhony

Most Recent Restaurants in Diego Garcia

• terps94's Profile Photo

Seamen's club: Food with a view

by terps94 Written Nov 18, 2004

pretty much has the same menu as Peacekeepr Inn but they also offer steaks once in awhile. On certain days they have a live band in the patio so while you are eating your meal you can enjoy the view and the music.

• terps94's Profile Photo

Peacekeeper Inn: Good eats!

by terps94 Written Nov 18, 2004

If you want to try some Filipino food head to this joint. I recommend trying the chicken adobo(chicken with soy sauce and garlic) or the pancit(sort of chow mein). For dinner besides the usual menu on certain days they have Mongolian BBQ or make your own pizza nights so this place offers a little bit of variety..
    Oh yeah they also serve breakfast.

Favorite Dish: this is like home for me because I don't cook a lot even if I was home so in here I get to eat sort of a home cook meal.

Adobo (chicken or pork in soy sauce with garlic and ginger)

Pancit ( sort of like chow mein either rice noodles or glass noodles)

Lumpia ( spring rolls)

• Jhony's Profile Photo

The Peacekeeper Inn: Lumpias, anyone?

by Jhony Written Jan 30, 2004
    Fine cuisine!

One of the first places we visited upon arrival was this restaurant, and we did by simply bumping into it. Conveniently located right next to the Turner Club, the Peacekeeper Inn has the best food in the island. Consisting of mainly phillipino dishes (which I never had before, but afterwards couldn't get enough), the only bad thing about the restaurant is that they don't start selling beer until 1300, but other than that... I highly recommend it! It's far from prizy, and you'll find from a lobster to a chalupa. The people are definitely very friendly and the smiles fly.
    The restaurant is quite roomy, and it also has an outdoor section, where you can eat and enjoy the sun. The main area is fresh, and the place could not be cleaner. One unusual thing I noticed, though, was a cigarrette sale at the counter. They did not sell gum or cups, monkeys or erasers, t-shirts or coconuts... but cigarrettes. Marlboro's at $1, at that. Say, this is a great place to take on smoking.

Favorite Dish: Lumpia was definitely the best dish I had there! The quesadilla, while being delicious, was not even close to being as good as the lumpias. They had a few varieties, and every single one blew my mind. If I remember correctly, I owe those lumpias about 2 inches of belly.

Instant Answers: Diego Garcia

Comments

Diego Garcia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Diego Garcia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Diego Garcia sightseeing.