What to pack for Brunei

• NECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO CARRY
    NECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO...
    NECCESARY CAMERA ITEMS
    A HANDY COMPACT PONCHO

Most Viewed What to Pack in Brunei

• cafank's Profile Photo

If you drink alcohol..........

by cafank Updated Apr 4, 2008

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: A good insect repellant is needed if you are staying by the waterways, or will be crossing over them at dawn or dusk in particular. Lots of mossies and other unidentified flying biters.

Mind you, if you have enough alcohol on board you may not need repellant!

Miscellaneous: You will need to bring in any alcohol you want to drink while you are in Brunei (or take a trip to Malaysia) which may or may not suit....

There are generous amounts of alcohol permitted into the country by non-Muslims.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Electricity

by sim1 Updated Jul 11, 2004

Miscellaneous:
    With all this digital equipment it is important to have fully charged batteries all the time! And I have to say that went perfectly during my trip.

I Brunei they use 240 volts and 50 Hz. It is a rectangular blade plug (see picture)

Beware : an adapter by itself will not change the electrical voltage. You must be sure that your appliance can handle different voltages (either automatically or through a voltage switch). If it can't, you will need a voltage converter.

Rectangular blade plug

• sim1's Profile Photo

Digital camera + portable harddisk

by sim1 Updated Jul 11, 2004

Photo Equipment:
    Two things that are a must in my travel bag and that is my digital camera and my new 'toy' the X's-Drive Pro (a portable hard disk)

This has been the first trip I took the X's Drive Pro with me and I am amazed by it! I don't think I want to travel ever again without it, LOL :-))
    This little gadget is a portable hard drive where I can store all my digital pics on while I travel. No chances of running out of memory card anymore. No more thinking if I 'should' or 'shouldn't' take a picture, because the memory card is running full. It has a capacity of around 40,000 pictures that I can store, hahaha, and that is more than enough.... even for me ;-)
    The use is easy which is a great advantage. It only takes a few minutes to upload the photos from the digital camera. It has a rechargeable battery, so you don't need to be plugged in to the electricity net to use it. And all I need to be taking care of during my travels, is keeping the batteries charged of this wonderful thingy and of my digital camera :-)

Portable harddisk

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Packing List 2

by seagoingJLW Written Sep 7, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Wear clothing that covers your shoulders and your legs. You will not be permitted in the mosque unless you are properly dressed. When we were there, one of the men from our ship showed up in running shorts. He was descended upon and enveloped in a heavy robe-- and it was hot, hot, hot.

Miscellaneous: Remember to carry a water bottle with you.

Also, bring toilet tissue in your tote bag. You will need it.

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Packing List 1

by seagoingJLW Written Sep 7, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Make sure you have flat shoes with you. It is impossible to walk through the stilt villages in high heels.

Brunei Hotels

• Capital Hotel

7 Simpaga 2, Kg. Berangan, 8211 , Negara, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

• Hotel Sentosa

On a hot day when I arrived at KB I wanted to check the three hotels in town. First went to Sentosa...

• Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

When I first arrived in the lobby, several uniformed gentlemen made sure that I was checked-in...

Top Brunei Hotels

Kampong Sungai Liang Hotels
Kampong Mulaut Hotels
Kampong Kota Batu Hotels

Instant Answers: Brunei

Comments

Brunei What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Brunei what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brunei sightseeing.
Map of Brunei