Ayeyarwady Division Travel Guide

• Pathein
    by picek
    cow cart
    by picek
    Fride Vermicelli w chicken?
    by cochinjew

1,5,0

Chaungtha

• spider bites

Chaungtha Warnings and Dangers

I cycled Myanmar several years ago.Just a quick warning to sunbathing under the coconut palms.Approx 4 miles north of Chaungtha is a little 'lagoon'. (little tip) Quiet, secluded, heavenly. So I thought when I found it. I would cycle there daily taking a book and a pack upOne evening whilst having a meal with two delightful German ladies I met one...

• William the Man and not the Restaurant

Chaungtha Restaurants

The value of this restaurant lies not inthe food but in the personality of its owner,Win Htey or William. I have to retell his story from betel seller to the owner of a restaurant..Quality of the food is Average by Burmese standards, but my brother on his visit loved the lobster william prepared for him.Hospitality of William: Excellent. He came...

• Gift for a Local Person

Chaungtha Local Customs

If you wish to give a present to a local person, a bracelet made of sea shells or a tee shirt is not appropriate. The local market can supply fully appreciated gifts. such as :clothes lengths so that longyis for girls can be made, also clothes for blouses. also ready made blouseslongyis fo menready made clothes for little boysOther much apprecaited...

Pantanaw

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

by cochinjew Written Sep 7, 2010

It had been raining and we had left Pathein knowing that we only had just enough time to reach Yangon to catch our KL flight. But the driver was confident that we can make it, so he stopped at Schwe Kit, owned by a friend of his, in fact like many businesses in Burma, owned by a Bamar lady who also has a guest house in Chaungtha
    Looking Clean and with lots of attendants on hand, we settled for a quick lunch

Favorite Dish: Fish Curry, Fried Noodles with Chicken, Mango sliced, coffee. also had a chance to buy some coffee to take back and a package of coffee was only 1000 kyats.

7000 kyats for this meal for two. the driver joined us later for coffee..

Fride Vermicelli w chicken?

Instant Answers: Ayeyarwady Division

Comments

Ayeyarwady Division

Plan a Ayeyarwady Division vacation with reviews, tips and photos posted by real travelers and Ayeyarwady Division locals

Popular Destinations in Ayeyarwady Division