Bago Off The Beaten Path

Segadoras-Mowers

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Bago

Mercado-Market

by elpariente Updated Aug 19, 2006

Los mercados me llamaban la atención extraordinariamente por su gente y colorido.
    Las frutas y las verduras son de una gran variedad y además se pueden ver muchos productos que no tenemos en España

The markets specially paid my attention for their people and colorful
    The fruits and vegetables have a big variety and besides you may see many products that we do not have in Spain

Verduras- Vegetables La romana-The balance Cer��mica- Tabaco para  cheroots -  Tobbacco for the cherots

Chiles-Chilies

by elpariente Updated Aug 19, 2006

En Myanmar se come mucho picante y cultivan los chiles
    A orillas de la carretera seleccionan y clasifican el chile

In Myanmar they eat a lot of hot food and they grow the chilies
    In the sides of the road they select and choose the chili

Cosecha de arroz - Rice crop

by elpariente Updated Aug 19, 2006

La cosecha de arroz se hace a mano y con grandes cuadrillas de gente que siegan y recojen el arroz
    teníais que ver como se reían cuando hacíamos las fotos y sobre todo cuando se veían en la cámara
    The rice crop is hand made with big teams that mow and crop the rice.
    You should see how much they enjoyed when we made the photos and spetially when we showed themin the camera

Segadoras birmanas-Burma mowers La cosecha-The crop La gavilla Segadoras-Mowers Lista para segar-Ready to mow

• illa's Profile Photo

Golden Rock Pagoda

by illa Updated Mar 7, 2004

I'm not sure if I put my page into the right region. I know Golden Rock Pagoda is located in Kyaikhto, however, we hired a taxi and took a one day trip to Bago and Golden Rock Pagoda. If you have a better idea which region I should put my page to, please let me know and I can move it.
    Golden Rock is one of the most sacred places in Myanmar, a massive goldleafed boulder balances on the edge of a cliff. The entrance fee is US$6. I liked not only the rock, which is pretty amazing, but also the hiking. It takes about 2 hours climbing, somewhere it is very sleep. At the top, it's like entering a theme park. There is also a school up there. When you come down the mountain in the afternoon, you may probably come together with those after school little kids, who climb the mountain everyday to go to school and who would enjoy coming down with you all the way hand in hand...
    Try to avoid visiting the rock on a full moon day, because the rock is visited by plenty of Burmese, which will cause you waiting many hours as the path is very narrow.

Golden Rock

Instant Answers: Bago

Comments

Bago Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Bago off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bago sightseeing.