Kyaukpadaung Transportation

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Local Transportation

by herzog63 Written Apr 7, 2003

local transport

There are buses and trucks from Bagan to get yourself to Mt Popa. You will have to enquire when you're there. I didn't get much info about it. But for sure they don't leave until they are extremely full!!

• School Holidays

• herzog63's Profile Photo

From Bagan

by herzog63 Written Apr 7, 2003

Night time at Mt Popa

We hired a taxi from Bagan and paid $20. That is the expensive way to go but my time was limited and I wanted to see Mt Popa. There is a series of local transportation to get there but it was a little time consuming for me. If you wanted to hire a taxi and split it between 4 people it wouldn't be as bad but just me and my son went. The white car in the photo is the car that I hired. One thing that was nice about the taxi is that we could stop where I wanted to. On the way back we stopped in the road a few miles outside of Bagan so I could attempt a photo of a Golden Pagoda up on a hill.(they didn't come out good) Then the car wouldn't start! And it was very dark!! No street lights! So I said Why don't we push start the car! And luckilly that worked!! And Luckilly the guy just didn't take off! LOL All our stuff was in the taxi and my son and I were outside pushing! That would've sucked!!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Kyaukpadaung

Comments

Kyaukpadaung Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kyaukpadaung transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kyaukpadaung sightseeing.