Bagan Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bagan

• planxty's Profile Photo

Silver House Restaurant: Cyclists refuelling stop.

by planxty Written Jun 5, 2006

Silver House restaurant, New Bagan, Myanmar.

Well, let's be honest, cycling certainly does work up an appetite and, after a morning riding around the temples I have to say I was fairly famished. Luckily, I happened upon this place which was an excellent choice.

The restaurant itself is a semi-open building, spotlessly clean (including the toilets) with some nice decorations about.

The staff spoke a little English, service was good and friendly and the food was very tasty and filling. The menu is predominantly Chinese, with a few local dishes thrown in. The speciality seems to be duck as they have a whole large section of the menu devoted to it. I am a great lover of duck and certainly wasn't disappointed at all with my hot and sour - very well executed. Prices are about average for the area (i.e. extremely cheap by Western standards) and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Favorite Dish: The hot and sour duck with rice - delicious.

• illa's Profile Photo

Toe Toe Win: One of My Best Dining Experiences

by illa Updated Sep 18, 2004

Stupa Bagan

We were in Nyaung-U looking for a restaurant for lunch. When we saw a sideboard on the road showing the direction to Toe Toe Win Restaurant, I remembered I read the introduction of it in LP. We were looking for a local food restaurant and this one is a Burmese Food Buffet so it sounded ok for us.

We went into the lane and found the place. it's was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon and there was nobody else eating in the restaurant. Before sitting down, we asked to see the food. They opened the lids and showed everything to us. Food looked good, price was very inexpensive (800kyat /person). The power was off (not surprising in Burma) so we seated ourselves by the door.

Instead of going and selecting food ourselves, they started to bring dishes to our table one after another, everything they had showed us, and two freshly fried dishes: vegetable and a sort of sparrow, totally 21! While we were eating, two men stood on the two sides of us and started to fan for us! I realized they felt sorry for the electric fan not working.

I tried to ask them not to do so, but it just made them more sorry for us, and at the same time, there were too many flies trying to share the food... The only way I could do was to eat fast.

Favorite Dish: Sparrow was really good.
    Desert also seemed good, but unfortunately I couldn't take anything more after 21 dishes!

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Bagan, Aung Resto: Bagan: simple but good

by chrisvandenbroucke Updated May 5, 2004

It's cheap and good.

The pork ball curry and the chicken ball curry do only cost 700 Kyatt (less than 1 euro) and are very good.

The beer is okay and the service als is.

For dessert, we got free bananas and sugar.
    Nice

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Bagan, Holiday: Bagan: good quality but beware of the bill

by chrisvandenbroucke Updated May 5, 2004

We had dinner only two minutes away from our splendid New Park Hotel.

We ordered Mutton kebab ( 1000 Kyatt) and spicy and hot pork (1000 Kyatt) and some Mandalay Beer for the same price.

We had lots of very nice food but the bill was a little bit different. They billed another, more expensive menu and we had to pay extra for the rice. Not nice (that rhymes)
    After all, a very good address

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

Acacia shade: You and Nature

by vodolaz Written Jul 15, 2006
    under singin` birds

Tremendous acacias above you , playing squirrels , a lot of singing birds and greatful view on Ayerrawady river.
    Den of my soul.

• Archeology

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

River View - Green Elephant: Enjoyin` view on Ayerawaddy river

by vodolaz Updated Jul 15, 2006
    dance with swords

Great view , cuisine and national dances.
    Very green and sunny place...
    just beautiful...

Favorite Dish: Hot spicy butter fish, but be careful !

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Bagan

Comments

Bagan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bagan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bagan sightseeing.