Pagan Transportation

Taking a break

Best Rated Transportation in Pagan

Bicycle

Taking a break

I would have to say that the bicycle is the best way to say the area around Bagan. (as long as your fit enough) We rented bicycles for US$.55cents per day so they are quite affordable and there are many places renting them! If you are there it would be virtually impossible to walk and see the sites as they are quite spread out. We stopped under the shade of this tree to take a look at our map and figure out where we were going.

Horse carts

Horse Cart

Horse carts were used by alot of locals to get around. I'm assuming that they are quite inexpensive. Because the locals used them quite a bit. You will have to establish where you want to go and the price before you get in.I did'nt ride in any in Bagan because we had our bikes. One day while we were riding our bikes my son found a horse shoe in the road and he brought that home. A cheap souvenir!

Horse Carts from Nyaung U to Bagan

by herzog63 Written May 7, 2003

Horse Cart

If you are staying in Nyaung U taking the Horse cart to Old Bagan could be quite fun. I'm sure you could hire a cart for the whole day. It might not be the most comfortable way to travel for a day but it certainly would be interesting!

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Wake up the horse cart driver

by herzog63 Written May 2, 2003

Horse Cart

I don't think the horse cart drivers keep really busy. As most of the time they were just lounging and sleeping while waiting for a customer.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Bicycles are popular with the locals too!

Local cyclist

Many local people use bicycles to get around. There are a few brands to chose from. I know there are some from India and some from China and I think a couple of local brands too.

My son on his bike

My son cruising

My son got lucky as we where able to find a slightly smaller size bike to rent for him. The owner of our guest house had a younger brother so we where able to rent his.

Instant Answers: Pagan

Comments

Pagan Transportation

Reviews and photos of Pagan transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pagan sightseeing.