Ngapali Travel Guide

by cochinjew

Ngapali Things to Do

• WStat's Profile Photo

by WStat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Do you like peace and tranquility ? Do you prefer to visit places far from the usual crowds? Since many of us live in cities with the stress of over-population, we need breaks of relaxation , going closer to nature.
    Ngapali is situated about 7 km away from Thandwe (Sandoway), one of the ancient Rakhine (formerly Arakan) towns and is said to have been named after the Naples of Italy by a homesick Italian.(it is funny, that nowadays some of the modern hotels in Ngapail-area are run by Italians ore have at least Italian chefs) Ngapali-Beach is famous for its natural and unspotted beauty and stretches about 3 km with soft white sand fringed by coconut palms. It serves as the best ground for sunbathing and recreation such as beach strolling, cycling and so on. Unlike today's beaches of Asia, it is free of noisy beachside bars, crowded people and hawkers persuading you to buy their things. There are only natural scenic beauty of the blue sea, white sand and the lovely sun. The sea is cobalt blue, without any dangerous marine animals and clean.

My snail collection Ngapali Beach
    • Water Sports
    • Hiking and Walking

by vodolaz Updated Sep 12, 2004

So beautiful Bay of Bengal , wonderful virgin nature but no nightlife, no fun - too bored after a few days. So I decided to know about something special. When I asked hotel officer about elephants, he told me they are so far and it is impossible to reach them. Don`t try to do it over. I spoke with some local man and he said he is ready to drive us to elaphants where we can ride on. He said us - the way will be about 20 miles by car and about 2 miles by own legs. Oh my goodness ! It was vise versa ! We walked 20 miles , not less for an inch. From village to village , so lovely views and people - just like another planet ! Then we went by Lei - do you know it ? Two Burmese buffaloes , wooden cart , road is up and down and you are shaking , shaking... My poor two - months pregnant wife ! She couldn`t endure this. A rest of distance we walked .
    But what a joy and happiness we felt when at least met an elephant mum and her beautiful elephant baby ! We forgot all troubles and we really were happy...

Too long and too hot way to elephants

• Ngapali Hotels

205 Hgnet Pyaw Khaung Kwin, Lin Thar Thandwe, Ngapali, Myanmar

• Thande Beach Hotel

on Ngapali Beach, Myapyin Village, Thandwe, Ngapali, 9543, Myanmar

• Sandoway Resort

The best Hotel I have ever stayed in (and I have been in some very good ones, like the...

• Amata Resort and Spa

I stayed at Amata several times in the past two years, and each time was an extraordinary...

• Aureum Palace Spa & Resort

Mya Pyin Village, Ngapali, Myanmar

Good for: Families

• Silver Beach Hotel

Ngapali Beach, Rakhine State, Ngapali, Myanmar

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Couples

• Ngapali Beach Hotel

We don`t wanna recommend this hotel , we just lived there , because it was not too expensive in...

Ngapali Nightlife

by vodolaz Updated Mar 4, 2005

There is not nightlife in Ngapali resort. You can just take a seat in local beach restaurant
    and relax with Bengal`s tide. So what we did to have fun - see Things to Do Tips.

Dress Code: My oh my ! Everything you want.
    Longhi will be better for men. Do you know it ?

• Diving and Snorkeling

Ngapali Transportation

by vodolaz Updated May 4, 2005

You can reach Thantwe town from Yangon or Mandalay by Air Mandalay or Yangon Airways. Then you had to go your hotel by hotel`s bus to Ngapali resort.
    Bus is without window-glasses and no indications of devices on panel in driver`s cabin ( what for ? ). Wooden benches. I even don`t know - has that decrepit wash-tub any brakes ?

Me and jolly driver

Ngapali Warnings and Dangers

by vodolaz Written Mar 4, 2005

My wife is the one who likes sweets, she can`t live a day without chocolate. But trying hard she couldn`t find some kind of chocolate in Ngapali and pined long for it. So if you are the same a bit odd I advise to bring chocolate with you, and better not from Yangon or Mandalay, but straight from your country , `cos even if you find some chocolate there I`m not sure it will be like real chocolate. I pined long for meat food , but could I bring with me pelmeni for example ?

Ngapali Favorites

by vodolaz Updated Feb 27, 2005

Favorite thing: This poor bird is standing all day long close to Sandoway resort`s restaurant keeping silence. If you try to approach he begins to yell some strange sounds.

Me and stunned marabou

by vodolaz Updated Nov 2, 2004

Favorite thing: At first this pretty elephant one year old baby didn`t move a step from his mother while we riding , trying to hide under with all his strenght. Then he got accustomed a little bit and begun to butt the heap of rice trashing with running start.

Don`t leave me , mummy !
    • National/State Park
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Ngapali? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Ngapali

Comments

Ngapali Travel Guide
Map of Ngapali