Mingun Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Mingun

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Taxi in Mingun

by AngMimi Written Feb 17, 2013

Taxi Driver smilling to me!!

Whistle.........Taxi....Taxi....!!!
    Hehe..Don't be surprised to find these Bullock carts as Taxi in Mingun. You can take the taxi from Mingun Paya to Hsinbyume Paya. Just a short distance, you can actually walk, but if you feel like sitting on a bullock cart, then go ahead and take pictures for rememberance.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Boat Trip to Mingun

by AngMimi Written Feb 17, 2013

At the Jetty

After a heavy breakfast in Mandalay city, off we went to this jetty along irrawaddy river to take a chartered boat trip to Mingun. Its about an hour boat and 11km ride to Mingun. The weather is pleasant with cold breeze and tend to get hot later, and our boat don't have a roof. Haha..

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Boat trip to Mingun

by 1W1V Written Jun 20, 2005
    Mingun river bank from temple

It is about 11 km upriver from Mandalay on the opposite bank of the Ayeyarwaddy and accessible only by river. The 45 to 60 minute boat trip to Mingun is very pleasant with plenty of life on the river to see. (see my Burma's transportation tips)

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Truck, Boat, Taxi

by herzog63 Written Jun 4, 2003

Mingun Paya

You can get to Mingun by boat from Mandalay in about 45 minutes. I had a taxi that I hired for the whole day so I missed that beautiful ride. I paid $32 for my Taxi for 13 hours. It was probably about $20 more than I had to pay. The small blue taxi's are smaller but alot cheaper than the way I went. I had fun and covered alot of ground that day so I'm not losing much sleep over it. You can also ride one of these shared pick-up trucks(picture) to get between towns. I'm not sure of times and actually I'm sure there isn't any posted times. In Myanmar nothing leaves until it is full!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Mingun

Comments

Mingun Transportation

Reviews and photos of Mingun transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mingun sightseeing.