Nyaungshwe Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nyaungshwe

Missou Kitchen: Shan and Intha Dinner

by Avieira67 Updated Jan 2, 2014

In this restaurant, located in the Century travel agency, I had a very good experience.
    The food, in fact, is very tasty and, to tell you the truth, it was, perhaps, the best food I have tryed in Myanmar.
    In the evening I went to this travel agency to buy a bus ticket to Yangon. The owner of this agency received me with a great smile, offered me some cookies and a lemon juice. At the end, she invited me to have a dinner at her restaurant. She told me the sister was the cook and we just needed to book in advance. It was not possible anymore to book in advance for the dinner, but should be possible for the next day (lunch or dinner). The menu available was only potato curry and I had idea it was nothing special.
    I began to read the Guest Book and I have found many people telling good things about the owner and the food. A review of a Portuguese girl, in my language, impressed me a lot.
    I went home and I returned back for dinner.

Favorite Dish: I must say I loved the potato curry, as well the soup, the salad and the rice. For dessert, it was fresh fruit and a Chinese cake. It began raining and it was very pleasant as I like the rain.
    Unfortunately I had no more time to visit again the restaurant, but I am sure the excellent cook is able to prepare any kind of dish, meat or fish.

Local Restaurant: Eat with locals

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 19, 2013

This local restaurant, made for locals, was very close to Gypsy Inn. I have decided to get in because I could see the kitchen and the way the cooks were preparing the food. The owners, and cooks, were a young couple with a little child. When I was eating, the child began to look attentively at me and jumped to my table. This was very interesting.
    As the food was delicious, the following day I went there for lunch and to offer the picture of the child to the family.

Favorite Dish: Both chicken and port curry were delicious.

Street Restaurant: Local food with locals

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 11, 2013

This restaurant is open for lunch time and is not for tourists.
    The menu is limited and, if I am not wrong, they only have one possibility.
    A great local food for local people.

Favorite Dish: Ususally pork or chicken is available.

Everest Restaurant: Nepali Food

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 11, 2013

This is a kind of restaurant where we find a good ambience, but not a genuine food.
    I have to say the food is not bad, but not authentic Nepali food. The owners try to make a kind of food for European / American tourists, not spicy.
    Besides this fact, I found a long hair in my food.
    Going to local restaurants, eating with locals, we pay for less and have a better quality.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Lotus Restaurant: Local and western

by AngMimi Written Mar 10, 2013

We are just too lazy to walk anymore after a day trip to Inle lake. We went to nearest Restaurant along the road of our Hotel Remember Inn.
    Lotus Restaurant also provide trekking service, you might want to check out it.

Favorite Dish: We ordered Fried rice and Rice vermicelli with vegetabls, pizza again, roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, banana pancakes again and I had the most wonderful juice of blended Banana, Avocado and Lemon.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Golden Kite Restaurant: Italian Food in Nyaungshwe

by AngMimi Written Mar 10, 2013

We had Italian food that night at Golden Kite, just a walking distance from our Hotel.
    Very nice lights decoration, the waiter tend to speak like an Italian, introducing what is special from the menu. We can also see the master chef cooking in the kitchen. We had pizza, pasta, 2 pancakes.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Unique cafe / restaurant.: Unique? Not exactly, but not bad.

by planxty Updated May 15, 2009

Unique Restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.

I only popped in here for a bit of a snack one afternoon, and I was the only patron. The service was friendly, as were the three really cute youngsters who romp about the place (see second photo). a bowl of very filling (and delicious soup) cost literally pence (or cents). You are effectively sitting at tables in what is the verandah of the owner's house - great atmosphere.

You can get a beer here as well.

Favorite Dish: I only had the local vegetable soup which was lovely.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Linn Htat restaurant.: Great local curries.

by planxty Written Jul 25, 2006

Linn Htat restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.

This place is great. As you can see from the photo, it's no great shakes decor wise, but the food is excellent. the choice is basically from a number of set Burmese curry meals, which come with (umlimited) rice and all the usual accompaniments.It's cheap, filling, and above all, damned tasty! You can also get a beer here to wash it all down.

Recommended.

Favorite Dish: Curry with all the trappings.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Shan Land restaurant.: Good Shan food.

by planxty Written Jul 13, 2006

Shan Land restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.

I generally find myself trying to visit as amny restaurants as I can when I visit a place - I like the variety. I did, however, find myself visiting this place several times.

If you look at the photo, you will see it's nothing spectacular from the outside. The inside is, however, quite spacious and airy with a good number of tables. there is also outside seating in a small courtyard should you wish to dine al fresco.

Shan Land serves up all the usual Shan and Chinese dishes prevalent in the region, but it does them very well. It's clean, the service is quick and friendly and the food is good - what more do you need to know?

Favorite Dish: I particularly liked the Hot and Sour pork - a favourite of mine.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Indra restaurant.: Best Indian food in Myanmar.

by planxty Updated Jul 13, 2006

Indra restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.

This may well be one of the best tips I will post on my Myanmar pages, and it concerns the Indra restaurant. The reason I say it may be the best is that none of the guidebooks sem to mention it and the only Internet mention I could find on it was in French.

OK, so the decor isn't exciting - who cares? The two sisters and their extended family who run the place more than make up for that with their warm hospitality. It's a bit like having dinner at your favourite aunts. The place is so small everybody, staff and customers just sits about chatting.

As for the food, well, words almost fail me. I can honestly say it is some of the best Indian food I have ever eaten anywhere, including India. A variety of curries are offered, along with various types of bread and a superb array of pickles and chutneys. The rice just keeps coming until you're full. I would also recommend the massala chai (tea with spices). If you fancy something stronger, you can get a beer as well.

Simply put, if you're in Nyaungshwe, you must eat here at least once, but be aware, once won't be enough.

Favorite Dish: Any of the curries with chapati and all the accompaniments. Wash it all down with a massala chai.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Mr. Food: Out of place but not out of place!

by planxty Written Jul 12, 2006

Mr. Food restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.

OK, so I'm a bit of an evangelist about going to foreign places to eat the local food. I have never seen the point, for example, of British tourists going to Spain to eat fish and chips, complete with mushy peas and gravy. It is somewhat odd, I feel, that I find myself recommending a pizza restaurant in Nyaungshwe, but I have to tell you, the pizza there is very, very good.

The owner (an extremely friendly bloke) insisted on showing me the wood fired oven and told me how some Italian travellers had helped him with recipes etc. How true this is I have no way of knowing, but he certainly seemed to have got it right. As well as pizza they also have a fairly extensive range of Italian food, as you can see by the sign in the photo.

In a place where Internet access is at a premium, you can maximise your time by using the Internet facility there and having one of the very good pizzas at the same time.

Recommended.

Favorite Dish: Any of the wood fired pizzas.

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember now what toppings I had (I didn't take notes), but it was very good.

Golden Kite restaurant: Golden Kite restaurant Nyaungshwe

by prikje Updated Mar 16, 2006

enjoy a beer on the porch

Forced to eat the Myanmar food that is to greasy for my tasting , and the bad indian food from aroma restaurant,I felt a little weak .Thank god for Golden Kite restaurant and their tasty italian food.
    Indeed the reigning king of pasta as LP writes.

Favorite Dish: Gnocchi with spaghetti sauce , I regained my strength.

Exodus restaurant: Exodus restaurant Nyaungshwe

by prikje Updated Mar 16, 2006

exodus restaurant front

Strolling away from the main road where all the restaurants are located ,we found this place.
    Nice cosy restaurant with decent food.
    Unfortunately for the owner , only people who wander of the main road find this place.
    The owners speak very good english and are teaching their daughter to talk to tourist.In fact the little one is send out with such a charming "hello how are you" you can't but stay and eat there.

Favorite Dish: I had some fried chicken which the neighbours dog appreciated ;(
    The spaghetti carbonara ,that my intelligent wife ordered,was excellent

Aroma restaurant: Aroma restaurant Nyaungshwe

by prikje Written Mar 16, 2006

aroma restaurant bill board

Recommended by LP and having enough of the tasteless Myanmar food we decided to enjoy a good Indian dish...NOT
    Aroma restaurant is a awful shaggy place.
    The son of the owner was irritanting hanging around us kicking the table,waiting to take the order.
    Food was expensive and very small portions,lots of chapatis but I consider that secondary.
    The billboard said "no good no pay" , since our logo is "live and let live" we did pay.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Many: Breakfast - The local way

by herzog63 Written Apr 17, 2003

Breakfast

A sweet tea and these long donut tasting things seemed to be the popular breakfast treat for the locals , my son and I liked them too!! Very cheap to eat...US$.20 cents or so should get you going for the day. These kinds of places are usually just on the side of the street. But sometimes you can find them in a regular type restaurant. Or sometimes the cooking was done on the street then brought back inside to be eaten while sitting at an inside table.
    But most of the time there were small tables and small stools set out right next to the street.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Nyaungshwe

Comments

Nyaungshwe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nyaungshwe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nyaungshwe sightseeing.