House of Memories Restaurant, Rangoon

290 U wisara road, Kamaryut township +00 95 153 4242

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

House of Memories Restaurant: My Favourite Restaurant in Rangoon

by cochinjew Updated Apr 4, 2011

I chanced upon this restaurant during my previous visit (was it 14th or 15th? does it matter?) to Yangon.
    But the inspection of the house and its content brought back another connection.. of my late father visiting these premises during the time of independence. I felt i was on a pilgrimage, so it was only natural for me to invite a visitor from KL and two workers from the WHO to dine with me at this restaurant.
    The gift of this visit was Ko Pyit who is the assistant manager who made sure our dinner was an experience, gave us complimentary dessert and also took 20 per cent off our bill. The more gracious gesture on his part was to send us in his car back to our hotels.

Favorite Dish: The Burmese amongst us chose European food, the european recently arrived chose a cautious dish. my self and my friend from KL were in good mood and were willing to try anything.. i would say the taste is somewhat between burmese and chinese, as is the case in these upscale restaurants in Yangon. I wouldnt call the quality superb but it is comparable to other restaurants of this genre. there was music playing, a full bar was on ( i had a pina colada) and the ambience was excellent. finished up the meal with a guided tour of the house ( i was the guide) for my friends..
    Quite reasonably priced , woth every Kyat for the ambience.. and the friendliness of Ko Pyit..

Instant Answers: Rangoon

Comments

Hotels Near House of Memories Restaurant
3.0 out of 5 stars