Yoon Myot Thu, Rangoon

165 Baho Road +00 95 09513 1540

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Yoon Myot Thu Restaurant: real homestyle burmese food

by cochinjew Written Mar 2, 2006

I am writing this on 2nd March 2006. I am here for five days. almost all my meals would be at this restaurant owned by ms eithwe aung, owner of the travel agency that assists me with just about everything. I have invited my little friends from the beach at chaungtha so we are a bit crowded at the place.. five of them came. very very attentive needless to say. this is in sanchaung township and there are other tea shops and restaurants nearby, but this one is always full .. by the way even though this place is quite near the centre of town, you would never see a foreigner here..

Favorite Dish: I have had a wide variety of food in this restaurant. various meat dishes, fish in chili sauce, potatoes, traditional pickled tea, and many more. the girls who work here are from a small village near taungwa, ma gyauk ken. the youngest of them can make a very tasty fruit juice.. just so rightly mixed.. today i had papaya juice and then pineapple juice..
    to cool off at nights, it is good to sit out there sipping large glasses of freshly squeezed juices.

Instant Answers: Rangoon