Airport, Rangoon / Airport, Rangoon

Know about this? Rate It!

Bangkok Airways Lounge
    by Krystynn
  • cochinjew's Profile Photo

Internet at Rangoon International Airport

by cochinjew Written May 18, 2009

At the new Mingaladon International Airport, near the cafe, a few computers are available for websurfing and checking your email. Like every where else in Burma, you need someone to guide you to the various websites bypassing the censorship.. and there is always someone sitting nearby who would get your gmail or yahoo or hotmail.. they charge 4 dollars per hour for internet at the airport..

• joyful_sun's Profile Photo

Bangkok Airways Lounge - open to all passengers

by joyful_sun Written Sep 20, 2005

Bangkok Airways Lounge

When you fly Bangkok Airways to Rangoon or to any of their other destinations, you can use their Lounge in the International Terminal regardless whether you fly business or economy class with them.

They offer juice, coffee, tea and light breads and snacks. The lounge is very cozy. They also have free internet access, a variety of magazines etc.

• ds598's Profile Photo

The Aiport

by ds598 Written Jan 21, 2005

Yangon International Airport is kinda of primitive. With the esception of the customs officials I found it very disorganized. When arriving from an internal domestic flight they have the arrivals and depatures in the same area with the baggage claim. Very chaotic!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

This was what greeted us when...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

This was what greeted us when we arrived into Yangon International Airport!

Yup, that's the building - BOTH arrival and departure gates are located inside this small building! Man, the whole place was chaotic.... Er...I don't mean to sound rude or what but I've also observed that some of these Burmese customs officers needed laughter to be injected into their spirits. They all looked sooooo glum, ya know? ;-(

I was told by one of my female team members to return the glum look. Needless to add, I didn't heed her advice. I mean, surely it can't be that bad right?? So, I decided to joke with one of the customs officers and guess what? My luggage was the only one they didn't check!

Aha, maybe there's a lesson to be learnt here - never be presumptuous and assume that every customs officers are bad people. ;-)

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

By Plane, I hope (unless of...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

By Plane, I hope (unless of course you have another way of arriving?). Here's another look at the International Airport. (Please see pic below). Believe me (and no offence meant again to the Burmese Government), it is reeeeally chaotic inside! Just make sure that you grab your luggage(s) quickly when you disembark from the plane. Why did I say that? I was pretty horrified to find my luggage, together with the other passengers', put at a corner where ANYONE could have just grabbed it and go off with it!

Instant Answers: Rangoon