Places to eat in Yangon Division

So much to choose from...
    by stamporama
    Look for this road sign!
    by stamporama
    Mr. Sushi
    by DAO

Most Viewed Restaurants in Yangon Division

• DAO's Profile Photo

Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant: SAFE CHINATOWN OPTION

by DAO Written Aug 22, 2015

My dining companion and I found ourselves in the middle of Chinatown quite late into the evening after a late flight. Many places were closed and even the street restaurants were starting to pack up. Just a block from my hotel was a brightly lit sign saying Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant. I walked into reception and was warmly greeted. Food? No problem, the dining room is at the back part of reception. The staff could not have been nice enough and the food was duly ordered and a cold beer appeared almost instantly. It’s a pleasant restaurant with the bar/hotel reception/money changer desk (it does it all!) is just a few feet away. The food was very good and it’s hard to see from the photos, but the portions were very large. I ordered beef noodles. Their menu is really easy to understand. They have good photos and description (English and Burmese) of each dish.

This is an excellent option if you find yourself looking for food late at night in Chinatown. They also have very good currency exchange rates as well. They also offer free Wi-Fi.

(The restaurant and hotel were renovated in 2013)

Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant Chit Sayar Hotel Restaurant
    • Singles

• DAO's Profile Photo

MR SUSHI: IT'S ALL IN THE NAME

by DAO Written Aug 5, 2015

I arrived late in the evening in Yangon and was absolutely starving. My hotel, Grand United (Chinatown) was located in the middle of China Town and I went in search of food. There were interesting street restaurants and a few places that did not look that appealing. As I walked down a side street I saw a sign that said “Mr Sushi, American Style”. That was enough for me! When I walked in though, I was a little confused. It looked like a health & beauty shop on the right side and a restaurant on the left side. Actually – that is right. They also sell hair care products and cosmetics.

I was greeted instantly and given a table and shown a very nice menu. Plenty of excellent photos and all labelled in both English and Burmese. I ordered a ‘White Dragon’, California Rolls and an Eel dish. I order a nice cold coke as well.

The second I ordered the chef began to craft my meal. A few minutes later and my food began to arrive. Talk about looking elaborate! My white dragon was elaborate and tasted delicious. In fact everything these folks make is gorgeous. This is probably the best sushi I have ever had. They pour extra sauce over the dishes that adds to the flavour. This is a great little restaurant.

I had plenty to eat and a cold drink for 4700 Ks ($3.81)

They advertise “No service charges, No sale tax, No commercial Tax. So no need to worry for extra charges. Feel free & enjoy it.”

Opening Hours:
    9:00 AM - 9:00 PM 7 days a week

Mr. Sushi Mr. Sushi Mr. Sushi Mr. Sushi Mr. Sushi
    • Luxury Travel

• peerapa's Profile Photo

Coffe Shop: Tea Time @ Yangon

by peerapa Written May 12, 2005

Me and My friend're like to drink Hot Tea with Milk...and we 'd chance to taste hot tea in Coffe & Tea shop shop in 3 places....

1. at coffe shop near Latta Jetty.
    2. at coffe shop beside ticket counter at bus station while waitng bus to go to Bago
    3. at Coffe Shop near Market urm...I'm forgot about name of market but it's not far from Karaweik.

You can choose to drink with cake, moon cake and bread with chicken or deep-fried doughstick...

Favorite Dish: Hot Tea with Milk

Hot tea

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Street vendors: Dried fruits and nuts

by herzog63 Written Sep 3, 2003

The dried fruits and nuts are great energy foods to grab to munch on while walking the streets of Yangon or going on a hike. I know that the nuts in the photo are cachews but the dried fruits are up for debate. The are all tasty!! And very inexpensive too! Funny Story:
    When I stopped to buy some nuts from the lady that owned the stand we finished our transaction and I thought her display looked nice so I asked her if I could take a photo...Sure!! But she ran to the other side of the street!! She wasn't going to be in the photo!! haha I thanked her and moved on....

Favorite Dish: Nuts and dried fruit.

Snack foods

Yangon Division Hotels

Top Yangon Division Hotels

Rangoon Hotels
578 Reviews - 1655 Photos

Instant Answers: Yangon Division

Comments

Yangon Division Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Yangon Division restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yangon Division sightseeing.
Map of Yangon Division