Battambang Restaurants

Smokin pot in Battambang.
    by cachaseiro
    The Smoking' Pot sign
    by mitexi
  • Restaurants
    by Willettsworld

Most Recent Restaurants in Battambang

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Smokin´ pot.: Brilliant khmer food in pleasant surroundings.

by cachaseiro Written Dec 24, 2011

Smokin pot in Battambang.

Smokin pot is a little restaurant that looks more like a cafe at first sight.
    It has partly indoor and partly outdoor seating and a nice airy atmosphere.
    Staff was super pleasant all the times i visited there and the food was really really good.
    I had a few different khmer dishes from the menu and the were delicious all of them and i never paid more than 3US dolalrs for a dish, so we are really talking great food for little money here.
    This is in my humble opinion the best pick in Battambang if you want to sit and eat really nice food in a pleasant restaurant without paying more than average price.

• Beer Tasting

Smokin' Pot: Just along from the White Rose

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is a German owned place, just down the road from the White Rose and is also popular with westerners. The name refers to the pot you put on a stove, not in a pipe. I came here and had half a chicken in a pepper and garlic sauce with rice.

White Rose: Popular place with a good choice

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is one of the most popular places to eat in town for locals and westerners alike. They serve good, authentic Khmer and a laundry list of Chinese-style stir-fries, Thai soups and treats, and some Western cuisine. Don't expect much of a smile along with the service as it's always pretty hectic inside. They do some good fruit shakes here.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Sunrise Coffee House: Enormous cups of coffee!

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is an excellent place that's situated near the end of the road which the Royal Hotel, the sister of the Star Hotel where I stayed at, is located. It's obviously very popular with westerners and serves a great breakfast with hash browns, bacon, eggs, toast, fresh cinnamon rolls, lovely coffee served in enormous cups and comfortable kerbside seating.

• Russell_and_Julie's Profile Photo

Pomme d'Amour / Apple of Love: Beautifully Prepared French

by Russell_and_Julie Written Nov 7, 2009

Pomme d'Amour was a new-ish restaraunt when we visited Battambang in early September 2009. While conventional wisdom points to La Villa's restaurant as #1 in town, Pomme d'Amour has to be a really close second. In fact, if you're vegetarian, it should be #1 for you, hands down.

The menu was excellent, and each of us tried one of the two veg items on the menu. They were both marvelous. We're thankful when we can find good vegetarian while traveling and this is it - not just warmed over standards you see over and over with no real character.

The place had a wonderful atmosphere, and the owner was a great guy.

Can't recommend this place enough for a "higher end" meal in Battambang. Light years ahead of White Rose, Smokin' Pot, etc. in terms of ambience when you're ready for a more special night out.

• stedeb's Profile Photo

White Rose: Local Restaurant

by stedeb Written Apr 14, 2009

This is a pretty standard restaurant like many others that can be found all over Asia reminded me of Capitol GH restaurant in PP. The food is cheap plentiful and tasty. The service is what you would expect you always get that feeling of being a nuisance rather than a customer but the food makes up for that. We ordered 3 fruit shakes but only got 2, we made 3 requests trying to find out where it was to no avail we eventually found our original waiter who spoke pretty good English and he sorted it out however we had all eaten by this stage. There is a substantial menu consisting of mostly Khmer food.

Favorite Dish: Excelllent fruit shakes.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

White Rose: yummi fruit shakes

by chicabonita Updated Oct 23, 2008

squid with pineapple and cashew nuts

In Battambang you don't have a big choice of restaurants. In the middle of the afternoon I guess the choice is even fewer then for dinner. We checked out Smokin' Pot but it looked closed. The White Rose was next and was crowed by locals and some tourists who arrived together with us by boat.

Favorite Dish: I took squid and for dessert a fresh fruite shake yummie

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Gecko Cafe: Great service

by chicabonita Updated Oct 23, 2008

Before we went to the circus show at Phare Ponleu Selpak we were looking for a quicke bite to eat. Gecko Cafe was the closest to our hotel.

We didn't have much time and when entering the restaurant we directly asked if it is possible to have a meal within 20 min ... yeah I guess typically german tourist well organised and punctual .... But it was possible and it was good that we asked in advance because they only had one or two hot plates and prepared the dishes one after the other.

Favorite Dish: We got curries, a vegetarian one and one with chicken. Very delicious!

• mitexi's Profile Photo

The Smokin' Pot: The name says it all!

by mitexi Written Oct 17, 2008

The Smoking' Pot sign

Battambang isn't a big city at all, so you have to remember that finding a classy sit down place might be out of the question. I really like the Smokin' Pot because of the very reasonable prices and the good food. Also, they have a cooking class that I did not participate in, but witnessed many people taking it. They seemed to be having a very good time and they ate what they made at the end. While I was eating there one night I was surprised to see two rats run by my feet. That was the only downside, but don't let that keep you from experiencing it, it was outside.

Favorite Dish: At this point of my trip I was missing some home cooked meals and decided to order some spaghetti with meat sauce for $1.50 USD. It was very very good! It even had texas toast garlic bread! I was amazed and wanted to go back again.

• Business Travel

• arianne_1504's Profile Photo

White Rose: Battambang's Coming up Roses

by arianne_1504 Written Apr 5, 2008

Khmer, Vietnamese and Cambodian dishes.

As is the way across Cambodia, the dishes are cooked one at a time, so it's not uncommon for your meals to all come out at a different time. Go ahead and tuck in when your meal arrives or it will be cold.

Favorite Dish: Beef with Black Pepper was really nice, but I believe the spring rolls were quite oily.

• Singles

• Smokin' Pot: Smokin' Pot needs Makeover!

by straightshooter Updated Mar 2, 2008

I ate here twice and don't understand why there are so many good reviews... Other than super cheap food.....And it IS dirt cheap!

Having eaten my share of Khmer food, I didn't find this place especially good. Two of the four dishes I ate were a bit "wanky".
    But worse was how filthy the place was. It smelled of old meat and the tableware, tables and menus were grimey and crusted with the remains of old food.
    Service couldn't be more apathetic.

But hey...it's super cheap.

I wonder if these are new owners? Again, why all the good reviews from past patrons?

I don't want to hurt this little family's business....but it needs a good clean up and a little more attention all the way around.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Smokin'Pot: Best Cambodian food

by traceyspacey Written Jun 9, 2007

This was recommended to us by an American working in Cambodia. Wooden rustic tables and chairs sat outside the front of the restaurant, flowers and plants seperating us from the road. Khmer and Thai food avaialble, also backpackers menu available food. Food was the best Cambodian food so far and certainly the cheapest. You must come here. We had 2 main dishes with rice, 2 large Angkor beers and 2 soft drinks. $7

Favorite Dish: Spicy Beef. Just the right amount of heat with plenty of flavour.

Sticky rice

by sachara Updated Dec 12, 2005

ready for eating....very tastful

At many places along the road we saw streetstalls where they prepared sticky rice in bamboo. The first time I saw the cutted pieces of bamboo in rows at the fire, I didn´t know what it was.

During our moto ride we had a flat tyre early morning and had to wait for the repairing close to this sticky rice stall. I could have a close look at the process. I saw some people buying the sticky rice for breakfast, but most took it with them during their trip.

Favorite Dish: I tried only a small piece because I had just finished my breakfast. It was very sweet and tasty.

Victory mini restaurant: Phnom Sampeau, lunch and drinks

by sachara Updated Dec 12, 2005

Victory mini restaurant

We arrived at Phnom Sampeau around midday. We decided to have lunch first before climbing the hilltop. There are several local restaurants, so it is not neccesary to bring your own lunch. I had a delicious lunch of Khmer food in the Victory mini restaurant, the place where to moto drivers also could park their motorcylces in the shade. The boss of the restaurant couldn't count very well and charged us too much, but who really cares, the food was still very cheap.

For climbing the hill in the heat of the early afternoon, it's important to bring enough water. But what a surprise just beyond the hilltop we found also a stall with cooled softdrinks including my favourite soursop juice.... and salty pringles (not that cheap).

• sachara's Profile Photo

The White Rose (or Colap So): The place to be.....

by sachara Updated Dec 10, 2005

entrance White Rose

The White Rose restaurant was recommended us for dinner. It looked like the place to be for locals, Asian and Western tourists and backpackers. All the tables were full. People came for a quick bite, a ice cream or a abundant dinner to this place. Also a lot of beggars in wheelchairs found their way to the sidewalks of the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Because we had a good and huge Khmer lunch earlier the day, we ordered only a salad, a sandwich and a delicious fruitshake for dinner for a change..... though the Khmer dishes looked and smelled very tasty !

Instant Answers: Battambang

Comments

Battambang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Battambang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Battambang sightseeing.