Battambang Restaurants

Smokin pot in Battambang.
    by cachaseiro
    The Smoking' Pot sign
    by mitexi
  • Restaurants
    by Willettsworld

Most Recent Restaurants in Battambang

White rose: Nice terrace

by littlebush Written Oct 20, 2014

White rose restaurant is located in the centre on a crossroads and it has a great terrace to watch the world go by.
    We stopped for breakfast which was averagely priced at 3.5$ for muesli and fruit salad, a decent size too.

Center cafe: Sooooo slooow

by littlebush Written Oct 20, 2014

Center cafe has a cheap menu and is pretty basic but was busy when we were there. We orders our food but after 35mins still nothing so we asked how long and he said another ten mins which in cambodia time meant another 20 so we gave up and headed elsewhere.
    They also do bus ticket bookings which we booked.
    Ours wasn't that smooth so I Would recommend not booking with them.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Lonely tree cafe: Dead but nice

by littlebush Written Oct 20, 2014

The lonely tree cafe is located in he centre of town. It was dead when we went but we really enjoyed it. It's a shop/cafe downstairs and cafe upstairs with big french doors that open to a balcony overlooking the street. I had the local dish, beef laklak for 3.5$ which was tasty.
    Service quick and friendly.

Battambang town restaurant: Nice food

by littlebush Written Oct 20, 2014

The battembang town restaurant is located in the centre of town and seems busy ith locals as well as tourists. It's a simple decor place and service is quick. I had a delightful mixed veg and oyster sauce for $3. English isn't spoken much but can get by.
    Don't get embarrassingly confused like I did when they bring a mug of hot water out with two empty glasses.
    There was a pot of cold tea on our table so i asked the waitress if the hot water was to top up the glasses with the tea. She didn't really understand but nodded. So I poured a bit of tea into my glass and topped up with hot water.

Another waitress then came over laughing and put the forks and spoons from their box on the table and into the hot water

In south East Asia usually cutlery is found in a mug of water on the table
    I've no idea in this place why we were supposed to wash the cutlery ourselves if it was already in its own box on the table
    Secondly everyone else got ice in their glass which then made it obvious the glass was for iced tea but we didn't hence me looking stupid

Oh well...

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Smokin´ pot.: Brilliant khmer food in pleasant surroundings.

by cachaseiro Written Dec 24, 2011

Smokin pot is a little restaurant that looks more like a cafe at first sight.
    It has partly indoor and partly outdoor seating and a nice airy atmosphere.
    Staff was super pleasant all the times i visited there and the food was really really good.
    I had a few different khmer dishes from the menu and the were delicious all of them and i never paid more than 3US dolalrs for a dish, so we are really talking great food for little money here.
    This is in my humble opinion the best pick in Battambang if you want to sit and eat really nice food in a pleasant restaurant without paying more than average price.

Smokin pot in Battambang.
    • Beer Tasting

Smokin' Pot: Just along from the White Rose

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is a German owned place, just down the road from the White Rose and is also popular with westerners. The name refers to the pot you put on a stove, not in a pipe. I came here and had half a chicken in a pepper and garlic sauce with rice.

White Rose: Popular place with a good choice

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is one of the most popular places to eat in town for locals and westerners alike. They serve good, authentic Khmer and a laundry list of Chinese-style stir-fries, Thai soups and treats, and some Western cuisine. Don't expect much of a smile along with the service as it's always pretty hectic inside. They do some good fruit shakes here.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Sunrise Coffee House: Enormous cups of coffee!

by Willettsworld Written Apr 25, 2010

This is an excellent place that's situated near the end of the road which the Royal Hotel, the sister of the Star Hotel where I stayed at, is located. It's obviously very popular with westerners and serves a great breakfast with hash browns, bacon, eggs, toast, fresh cinnamon rolls, lovely coffee served in enormous cups and comfortable kerbside seating.

• Russell_and_Julie's Profile Photo

Pomme d'Amour / Apple of Love: Beautifully Prepared French

by Russell_and_Julie Written Nov 7, 2009

Pomme d'Amour was a new-ish restaraunt when we visited Battambang in early September 2009. While conventional wisdom points to La Villa's restaurant as #1 in town, Pomme d'Amour has to be a really close second. In fact, if you're vegetarian, it should be #1 for you, hands down.

The menu was excellent, and each of us tried one of the two veg items on the menu. They were both marvelous. We're thankful when we can find good vegetarian while traveling and this is it - not just warmed over standards you see over and over with no real character.

The place had a wonderful atmosphere, and the owner was a great guy.

Can't recommend this place enough for a "higher end" meal in Battambang. Light years ahead of White Rose, Smokin' Pot, etc. in terms of ambience when you're ready for a more special night out.

• stedeb's Profile Photo

White Rose: Local Restaurant

by stedeb Written Apr 14, 2009

This is a pretty standard restaurant like many others that can be found all over Asia reminded me of Capitol GH restaurant in PP. The food is cheap plentiful and tasty. The service is what you would expect you always get that feeling of being a nuisance rather than a customer but the food makes up for that. We ordered 3 fruit shakes but only got 2, we made 3 requests trying to find out where it was to no avail we eventually found our original waiter who spoke pretty good English and he sorted it out however we had all eaten by this stage. There is a substantial menu consisting of mostly Khmer food.

Favorite Dish: Excelllent fruit shakes.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

White Rose: yummi fruit shakes

by chicabonita Updated Oct 23, 2008

In Battambang you don't have a big choice of restaurants. In the middle of the afternoon I guess the choice is even fewer then for dinner. We checked out Smokin' Pot but it looked closed. The White Rose was next and was crowed by locals and some tourists who arrived together with us by boat.

Favorite Dish: I took squid and for dessert a fresh fruite shake yummie

squid with pineapple and cashew nuts

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Gecko Cafe: Great service

by chicabonita Updated Oct 23, 2008

Before we went to the circus show at Phare Ponleu Selpak we were looking for a quicke bite to eat. Gecko Cafe was the closest to our hotel.

We didn't have much time and when entering the restaurant we directly asked if it is possible to have a meal within 20 min ... yeah I guess typically german tourist well organised and punctual .... But it was possible and it was good that we asked in advance because they only had one or two hot plates and prepared the dishes one after the other.

Favorite Dish: We got curries, a vegetarian one and one with chicken. Very delicious!

view from 1. floor view from 1. floor

• mitexi's Profile Photo

The Smokin' Pot: The name says it all!

by mitexi Written Oct 17, 2008

Battambang isn't a big city at all, so you have to remember that finding a classy sit down place might be out of the question. I really like the Smokin' Pot because of the very reasonable prices and the good food. Also, they have a cooking class that I did not participate in, but witnessed many people taking it. They seemed to be having a very good time and they ate what they made at the end. While I was eating there one night I was surprised to see two rats run by my feet. That was the only downside, but don't let that keep you from experiencing it, it was outside.

Favorite Dish: At this point of my trip I was missing some home cooked meals and decided to order some spaghetti with meat sauce for $1.50 USD. It was very very good! It even had texas toast garlic bread! I was amazed and wanted to go back again.

The Smoking' Pot sign
    • Business Travel

• arianne_1504's Profile Photo

White Rose: Battambang's Coming up Roses

by arianne_1504 Written Apr 5, 2008

Khmer, Vietnamese and Cambodian dishes.

As is the way across Cambodia, the dishes are cooked one at a time, so it's not uncommon for your meals to all come out at a different time. Go ahead and tuck in when your meal arrives or it will be cold.

Favorite Dish: Beef with Black Pepper was really nice, but I believe the spring rolls were quite oily.

• Singles

• Smokin' Pot: Smokin' Pot needs Makeover!

by straightshooter Updated Mar 2, 2008

I ate here twice and don't understand why there are so many good reviews... Other than super cheap food.....And it IS dirt cheap!

Having eaten my share of Khmer food, I didn't find this place especially good. Two of the four dishes I ate were a bit "wanky".
    But worse was how filthy the place was. It smelled of old meat and the tableware, tables and menus were grimey and crusted with the remains of old food.
    Service couldn't be more apathetic.

But hey...it's super cheap.

I wonder if these are new owners? Again, why all the good reviews from past patrons?

I don't want to hurt this little family's business....but it needs a good clean up and a little more attention all the way around.

Instant Answers: Battambang

Comments

Battambang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Battambang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Battambang sightseeing.