Kampong Thum Travel Guide

• East Side of Old and New (Highway) Bridges
    East Side of Old and New (Highway)...
  • West Side of Old and New (Highway) Bridges
    West Side of Old and New (Highway)...
    Monks by Stung Sen River in Kampong Thom

Kampong Thum Restaurants

by AlbuqRay Updated Jul 24, 2010

The Arunras Restaurant is part of the large Arunras Guesthouse. It is one of the few restaurants in town but it is a good choice. It has an extensive menu, good food and service, and is reasonably priced. We ate three meals there. The buses going to and from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap stop at the Arunras Restaurant. I think that there were two different dining areas. We always ate in the smaller one (maybe the prices were better). A typical meal was 2-3 USD.

Arunras Restaurant Small Dining Area Lunch - Shredded Green Mango & Morning Glory Dinner - Pork and Eggplant with Sour Soup Breakfast - Pork Congee

by AlbuqRay Written Jul 24, 2010

Don't say no until you try them. The crickets turned out to be quite tasty but the beetles were too crunchy. Cooked, spicy bugs are not cheap though; what we got cost 4 USD. BTW, you remove the large cricket legs before eating them.

Kampong Thom Street Market Get Your Cooked Bugs Here Spicy Crickets Large Crickets, Crunchy Beetles and Eggs Looks Good to Me!

• Kampong Thum Hotels

0 Hotels in Kampong Thum

Kampong Thum Favorites

by AlbuqRay Updated Oct 14, 2013

Favorite thing: I had found this reference about the Royal Road and an excellent guide, Sophy Has, before I went to Cambodia in 2010. I emailed Sophy but he did not answer until after my trip was already over. It turned out that he had been on an extended trip into the jungle and had no phone or internet service until he got back to Kampong Thom. He even apologized for not getting back to me sooner, but it really was not his fault at all. Although I have never met him, I get the feeling that Sophy is a really nice person and I definitely plan to contact him when I go back to that part of Cambodia to visit additional remote sites.

Stung Sen River in Kampong Thom Old and New Bridges in Kampong Thom Monks by Stung Sen River in Kampong Thom West Side of Old and New (Highway) Bridges East Side of Old and New (Highway) Bridges
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

Instant Answers: Kampong Thum

Comments

Kampong Thum Travel Guide
Map of Kampong Thum