Angkor Thum Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Angkor Thum

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Mom Bayon: Delicious Fish Amok

by bpacker Updated May 11, 2005

If you do pop by the Bayon, do yourself a favour and try the thick delicious mango shake and heavenly fish curry ( fish amok ) by Mom Bayon. A nice meal like this will cost you around USD4-5 and your driver will get to eat for free.

Favorite Dish: The fish amok of course.

Fish Amok, Mombayon

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Food stalls

by SirRichard Written Sep 19, 2003

If you wanna have something to eat while you are there, the best (and I think only) place to go are the stalls that are on the big avenue as you exit the Bayon towards the Terraces.
    At the right there are the food stalls, while at the left you can find souvenir shops.

I had breakfast at one of them. The coffee is not bad, but the bread was horrible, there was no way of getting a normal toast in Cambodia!!

For drinks, my favourites were those green coconuts that you can drink of...

One of the stalls

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Many!!: Stalls close to the Bayon

by herzog63 Updated Aug 8, 2003

There are lot's of food stalls just north of the Bayon by about 300 feet or so. The food is Great and you get some decent local fare. The prices aren't too bad but they are a bit more than in Siem Reap. Still cheap though. Around a $1 or so for most meals. The Best one is run by a friendly lady named Neun. Her stand is about 6 -8 stalls up on the right towards The Central Square of Angkor Thom. You will be treated fair and the food is delicous!!

Favorite Dish: Every thing!! I liked every thing I ate!! I usually just said make me some Khmer food that locals like. I don't remember the names of any of the dishes that I ate.

My son enjoying his lunch
    • Architecture

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Many!!: Cold Baby Coconut and Juice!!!

by herzog63 Written Aug 8, 2003

If you're hot!! If your there in March like I was you will be hot!! LOL Well one of the great ways to cool down is a nice chilled Baby Coconut juice!! I like eating the baby coconut meat that is on the inside but for some strange reason the Khmer people didn't seem to do that. I was looked at strange as I got a spoon and started digging out the meat and eating it! I checked the pile of old coconuts sitting there and the insides weren't eaten. So they only drink the coconut water and discard the rest....In my opionion that is quite a waste!!!

Favorite Dish: All I ate at this place was the coconut and it was chilled on ice so it was very refreshing. This place also had a public toilet that could be used for a small fee..it was free for us as we ate there...The toilet was very clean and smell free!!

Cool Coconuts!!
    • School Holidays

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Khmer Village Restaurant: Where to Eat in the Angkor Temple Complex

by AlbuqRay Updated Feb 28, 2014

My typical scenario while visiting the Angkor Temple Complex was to start early (~7 AM), go back to town for lunch, stay at the air-conditioned hotel for the hottest part of the day, and return to visit more temples in the late afternoon and evening. I did eat in the Angkor area a couple of times at the Khmer Village Restaurant and the food was good. I enjoyed having lunch with my guide, Peng Thai, and tuk tuk driver, Sophen. Both were fine gentlemen. I did pay for their lunches (it was only 5 USD each in 2009) and tip them at the end of each day. BTW, Peng Thai even had a lunch named after him at that restaurant, "Peng's Special." I put this tip in my Angkor Thom tips because we ate here after visiting Angkor Thom in the morning.

Lunch with Peng Thai and Sophen Entrance to Khmer Village Restaurant Pengs Special, Fish Amok and Veggie Dish Khmer Village Restaurant North Side of Sras Srang (Man-Made Lake)
    • Archeology

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Khmer Village Restaurant

by victorwkf Updated Dec 14, 2009

The Khmer Village Restaurant is a cozy stop-over during your trip to the Angkor monuments for breakfast, lunch and some drinks. This restaurant serves nice local food, as well as rice and noodle dishes, plus soft drinks and beer.

It is popular, and many tourists were there for lunch when I was there in November 2009. The price is reasonable, and I find the food to be good and the atmosphere is relaxing. The location of this restaurant is across the road to Sras Srang (the royal bath, which is a big man-made lake), with the following contact details:

Khmer Village Restaurant

• Architecture

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Places to eat around Angkor: Busy at lunchtime

by Willettsworld Written May 2, 2010

The temples at Angkor are spread over a huge area of some 400 square kilometres. There are only a few restaurants dotted around and these tend to be located in the main visiting areas. These include a row located near the entrance to the Bayon in Angkor Thom, a few near the entrance to Ta Prohm and a couple on the northern side of Srah Srang. They vary from small shacks to fairly up market tour party type places.

I came for lunch at one of the restaurants located overlooking the Srah Srang called the Khmer Culture Club Restaurant where I half expected to be served by Boy George! I had to wait ages to get served and to wait for the food to arrive as it was packed. Expect this if you visit during the main lunchtime period. It may be an idea, if your time is limited, to take food and drink with you and eat on the go.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Ancient [& now closed] Bayon Fish Grill: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by shrimp56 Written Dec 29, 2003

Well you'd be dead by now if you had eaten with these guys -- but I couldn't resist this image of two guys grilling fish.

Grilling fish

Instant Answers: Angkor Thum

Comments

Angkor Thum Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Angkor Thum restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Angkor Thum sightseeing.