Angkor Wat Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Angkor Wat

• schurman23's Profile Photo

Pub Street: Dinner places

by schurman23 Written Sep 2, 2011

We discovered this place on our second day as we stroll along the old market. It consisted of lines of restaurants and bars which cater to most tourists around. The price of the beer are somewhat standard .5$ and the food are reasonably competitive among the restaurants here. We ate at Pub Food Place, which served us a generous amount of pizza, beer, steak and fries.

Dress Code: Just bring your wallet here, no dress code required.

• atufft's Profile Photo

Angkor Hotel: Cambodian Buffet and Theater

by atufft Updated Apr 4, 2011

At the time we visited in 1998, there were few upscale hotels in Siem Reab except the French colonial era Angkor Hotel. I understand that a new building opened after we left, but the show appears to be the same production. In the evening, there's a buffet of fine Khmer cuisine, and then a classical dance/theater production, accompanied by a full traditional orchestra. In my view, this is a must do night activity. The lighting, costumes, and outdoor ambience is wonderful. My wife captured much of the production on her video camera, but unfortunately, I don't have any images to show VT members. Believe me though, this is really a great experience.

Dress Code: I recall a casual, but not trashy dress code being followed by those in attendance. This is an upscale hotel, so I recommend that ladies wear an evening gown or nice colorful clothes, while men can wear the Hawaiian flowered shirt and long slacks to look sharp.

• Theater Travel
    • Music

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Angkor Wat at Sunset: Perfect picture opportunity

by Willettsworld Written Apr 27, 2010

Not quite a nightlife tip but more of a sunset tip and that is to try and time a visit or at least to pass by Angkor Wat when the sun starts to set. As it faces west it offers a perfect photo opportunity and shouldn't be missed.

• margaretmcguffin's Profile Photo

Cultural Night

by margaretmcguffin Written Feb 20, 2010

I don't remember the names of the places as we were picked up and taken there by our guide and driver except when he had a case of Cambodian Belly. However my advice is to go to the cultural night, unless you have already had enough in Thailand (it is somewhat similar) but do not go to the Shadow Puppet theatre. the restaurant was interesting, with tables and chairs or low tables with cushions on the floor. All the food was great, no complaints about that.

• iwys's Profile Photo

The Red Piano: The Old French Quarter

by iwys Updated Jan 4, 2009

The Red Piano has a great location in the heart of the Old French Quarter. It's a nice place to sit, drinking Angkor beer and watching the street life of Siem Reap, before moving onto somewhere a bit more lively like Martini Bar.

• Business Travel

• Funky Munky: Non tourist bar

by SuperDave420 Written Dec 5, 2008

Dress Code: I found the Funky Munky while exploring Siem Reap on foot. I heard the music, thought that it looked funky, and it was over 200 meters from my hotel, so I needed a beer.

I talked to one of the western, English, bartenders about music, so much that I went to my hotel and brought back a disc, which he played, and copied, in its entirety while I was there. The other English bartender, Trixie, asked me about the music and treated me like her brother. The Cambodian bartender, Lim, was extremely friendly and had excellent English.

The other customers were all ex-pats living in Cambodia to help the people. Although it was obvious that they didn't like the Angkor Wat tourism industry, they went out of their way to make me, a tourist, feel welcome. That is important if you travel solo.

They also sponsor several local charities. Thursday night is their trivia night. All proceeds go to charity.

It is also very affordable. My last night there, I had 7 beers, a hot dog and bought a pack of Marlboro cigarettes. My total bill was $10 US.

• Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

• Apsara Theatre: Traditional dance show

by nptinv Updated Sep 28, 2007

There are many places that offer traditional dance shows in the evening. Cost from US$10-$15 per person , usually includes dinner.

One of the finest venue is The Apsara Theatre in front of Angkor village hotel. Set in an elegant wooden performance hall. There are 2 nightly shows with set menu dinner. Reservation recommended. Tel: 063 963 561

Other Apsara dance theatres :

Buffet 7-10PM. Nightly performance 7:30-8:30PM

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Angkor What?: Drinking for somebodies elses Liver

by traceyspacey Written Jun 10, 2007

Partial proceeds support a local hospital. The walls, tables and chairs are covered in travellers messages. Look out for the glitter ball in the ladies toilet. Happy hour is very generous.

Dress Code: No dress code

• blisscoti's Profile Photo

Dr. Feet: The place to ease those end day aches

by blisscoti Written Jan 2, 2007

What better way to end a day's of climbing and walking with a traditional massage? Ok, it's not exactly an exciting night activity but it is a lot more satisfying than club crawl in the little town of Siem Reap.

Dr. Feet stands out among the many other massage palours. With walls decorated with scribbles of past satisfied visitors from all over the world, it stands testimony to the quality of the massage. Not to sound dramatic, but this is by far the BEST massage I have had in my life. There are feet and body massage to choose from. But I wonder where the difference lies when my feet massage extends to my calves, thighs, face, head, head, neck and back.

What can i say, US$6 for bodily heaven is a fair enough deal. However be warned, luck places a role. I have gotten fantastic and not so great massages on my visits there.

• runwitme's Profile Photo

My bed: What Nightlife?

by runwitme Written Dec 25, 2006

Had to wake up early for Angkor Wat International Marathon and sunrise excursions. So, the only nightlife that I had was my bed. Yawn! Heheh!

Get enough sleep. Early bird catches the beautiful sunrise views.

Dress Code: Anything you are comfortable in...or out.

Place to Zzzzzzz
    • Adventure Travel

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Temple Bar

by Ewingjr98 Updated Nov 13, 2006

Temple Bar shares its name with the famous Temple Bar nightlife district of Dublin Ireland, and just like its Dublin namesake, Siem Reap's Temple Bar is one of the best spots in town. It has food, happy hour drinks (2 for 1), and a DJ/dance floor later in the evening. I enjoyed a cold Tiger draft for US$1.50.

• maffustan's Profile Photo

Ankor What: One for the western backpackers.

by maffustan Written Sep 11, 2006

The only locals you will see in here are on the other side of the bar. Having said that the beer is not as expensive as it could be. Came in here to watch a few games during the 2006 world cup and it was packed out solid.

Good place to meet other travellers

• dfactor's Profile Photo

It slipped my mind: Apsara Performances

by dfactor Updated Aug 3, 2005

Apsaras carving is ubiquitous in the temples in Siem Reap. I thought I should check a "live" one at nite. It's not as impressive as I thought it might be. It's similar to the traditional dances in Thailand, even the costumes are the same. But I read it somewhere thats say the Thai ones are actually originated from the Khmer. Paid USD 6 for the performances and another USD 6 for the buffet (You can't go there for the performances only). The food is not good. The performances started at 7:30 pm and lasted for an hour. The waiter said they buffet will still be open well after the dance. Yeah right, it's sure still open, if only they keep stocking up the food on the table. Sorry I don't remember the name of the restaurant.

3rd Aug '05 - While arranging the photos in my travel album, saw a picture with the name of the restaurant on it! It's Koulen Restaurant!

Dress Code: Smart casual.

Apsara dancer showing her stuff

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Angkor Wat At Dawn: save it for the dawn

by richiecdisc Written Jul 15, 2005

There are numerous places to go out at night in Siem Reap and we did partake in a few of them, but generally speaking, to get the most out of your Angkor Wat Experience, you’ll need to get up very early in the morning. Most would say, it’s more like the middle of the night! For one thing, you avoid a lot of the crowds this way. Also, you get better light for photography. I would have to say, the early morning was by far our favorite time at the ruins. Sometimes, it was still dark out and all we could really do was hear the sounds of the jungle, but that’s what we remember best now. So, forgo the early part of the night and wake up for the very end of it. ;)

Dress Code: Long sleeves are good to ward off mosquitos in the early morning light as well as protect you from the sun later in the day if you can handle the heat.

avoiding some of the crowds at dawn
    • Archeology

• Paksong's Profile Photo

Red Piano: Food/Booze in Siem Reap

by Paksong Updated Apr 14, 2005

Sat at the bar by myself at the Red Piano, a French owned establishment, and was thoroughly and interestingly entertained by a warm staff (locals).
    When in Cambodia, drink Angkor beer.

On the left are two great bartenders, and American named JJ who just spent 2 months rebuilding in Sri Lanka, and his motorcycle driver. Good night!

Dress Code: Anything goes...this is a small town with tropical, humid weather.

Instant Answers: Angkor Wat

Comments

Angkor Wat Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Angkor Wat nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Angkor Wat sightseeing.