Lake Tonle Sap, Angkor Wat

captains bridge
    floating village
  • bluedeep's Profile Photo

by bluedeep Updated Jul 10, 2005

Many people live on water. This was my first time seeing a community entirely on water like this. Unfortunately, water was muddy and smelled very badly; they seem to have poor hygiene. It could be because the lake's water level was low around this time of year--it was still the beginning of monsoon season.

"Hot, humid, muddy, and smelly" was my impression of this lake. Driving on a rough road for a long time to get to the lake and hot weather did not help. Many fish come from this lake....hmmm...

US$12/boat for the tour of the lake. Our guide arranged the boat for us in advance.

water community

• clarkchangsix's Profile Photo

by clarkchangsix Written Jul 16, 2004

I felt a little bit sad after got there.Some children were chasing me for begging.I knew I couldn't give them anything to avoid more children gathering.Their eyes were looming their disappointed.It seems I went there to comsume their poverty to see how terrible they are.It is not my original purpose.But I changed my attitude.Not sympathize with them,Not judge them.They don't need my sympathy.I just saw how they live as any visitor goes to Taiwan to see how I live.Eventually,I was getting better.Their Life is interesting.All shops and houses are floating on the water.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Lake Tonle Sap

by nepalgoods Updated Jun 23, 2003

Not far from Siem Reap is Lake Tonle Sap. It is a shallow lake, where people go fishing and which they use as their road. Here can you see the local people fishing and trading.

When we did a boat tour on the lake the rain was pouring and we did not see much. But the rain was warm and we had a lot of fun!

Lake Tonle Sap
    • Sailing and Boating

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Lake Tonle Sap - Crocodiles

by MikeAtSea Written Nov 22, 2006

Another income to the region can be visited at the tourist centre. A crocodile farm that harvests the skins and meat for export. Be carefull you don't fall in!!

Crocodiles
    • Adventure Travel

• o00o's Profile Photo

Tonle Sap

by o00o Written Aug 20, 2004

Please click for more Tonle Sap information.

to be continue

Luc Tonle Sap
    • Cruise

• swissgabe's Profile Photo

Tonle Sap - Floating Village

by swissgabe Written May 22, 2003

If you have plenty of time in Siem Reap it might be a good idea to visit Tonle Sap and the floating village.

Instant Answers: Angkor Wat