Angkor Wat Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Angkor Wat

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Transportation around Angkor

by Willettsworld Written Apr 27, 2010

OK, so the temples of Angkor cover a vast area of some 400 square kilometres. So what's the best way of getting around to see them? Well I first bought a 3-day pass for $40 so I had enough time to see the majority of them and certainly the most important and well known of them plus some a little further away. This is what I did:

Day 1: I hired a bicycle from a place just down the road from where I stayed in Siem Reap and cycled all the way to the entrance gate that's located along the main road that leads from the town to Angkor Wat. I then got my pass and cycled up to Angkor Wat which is about 6km from Siem Reap, so bear this in mind. After visiting this, I then cycled north and into Angkor Thom and cycled around this in order to see the Bayan temple, Baphuon Temple, Elephant Terrace, entrance gates, and finally Preah Khan which is just outside the northern gate of Angkor Thom. I then cycled back in the early evening when it was getting dark. This is quite a tuff days sightseeing by bike but I managed to do it and I'm hardly Lance Armstrong!

Day 2: I hired a tuk-tuk driver from my hotel in order to visit the temple to the east of Angkor Thom which included Pre Rup, Banteay Kdei, Ta Prohm (where parts of the Tomb Raider film were shot), Ta Keo, and a couple just outside the eastern gate. This cost me $15.

Day 3: I hired the same tuk-tuk driver and first visited the Roluos Group of temples which are located about 13km east of Siem Reap. I then got the driver the take me all the way north so that I could visit Banteay Srey and Banteay Samre which are located a fair way northeast of Angkor Wat. This cost me $30.

• WolfgangParade's Profile Photo

Touring around Angkor Wat

by WolfgangParade Written Jan 13, 2010

I wish I would have read this a month ago, but for anyone else that needs him...I had a very friendly, dependable tuk-tuk driver for my Siem Reap visit by the name of Loum Ly (or Aly for short). Very stand-up dude with good English skills. You can reach him at (855) 92 66 80 81 or alynew53@yahoo.com

We had a great time with him in 2008.

Chris

Aly an his tuk tuk
    • Archeology

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Tuk Tuk

by victorwkf Updated Dec 14, 2009

If you want to visit the Angkor Monuments, the best and cheapest way is by the local Tuk Tuk (carriages pulled by motorcycles). The official Tuk Tuk drivers will wear a vest with their numbers stated at the back of the vest, so this is controlled and safe.

Usually, the driver will charge by per Tuk Tuk per day, and each Tuk Tuk can take about 3 persons to be comfortable. The cost per day is quite affordable (see below), and the driver will send you to each of the monuments of your choice, wait for you to hop-on and going to the next monument and so-on. This is a very flexible way to get around, and it is a very good and relaxing experience.

When I was there in November 2009, my Tuk Tuk driver was Mr Heanh (see photos). He is a nice and honest person who speaks English, experienced and will guide you to the major monuments. If you are interested, you can contact Mr Heanh when you are in Siem Reap. His contact number is tel: 092-835-719 and his Tuk Tuk number is S20 (unfortunately, he does not have an email address). His charges per day is as follows:

- US$15 for Angkor Wat, Angkor Thum City and nearby monuments such as Ta Prohm, Ta Keo.
    - US$20 for the above monuments, plus those in the Grand Circuit such as Sras Srang, Pre Rup, East Mebon, Ta Som, Neak Pean & Preah Khan.
    - US$25 for further away monuments such as Banteay Srei (about 40km away).

Please note that the above rates does not include a guide. Mr Heanh will only tell you basic information e.g. names of the monuments and which era they were built. If you hire a guide (which I did not), I was told it is about US$40 per day. There are various guides who can speak various languages very fluently!

Me, Mr Heanh & his Tuk Tuk, Siem Reap
    • Architecture

• Angkor-Wat Siem Reap Tuk Tuk

by kellypeterson Updated Oct 11, 2009

Just returned from Angkor Wat Siem Reap, had a wonderful trip and an unforgettable experience. We use Mr. Timothy a.ka. Salmat as our tuk tuk driver, he is very friendly, realiable and able to communicate in english. We are paying around Usd 25 for 2 days trip which i think it is reasonable price. The trip includes Angkor wat temples (including Banteay Strei which is another 1 hour drive), tonle sap, siem reap old market, night market, artisan d angkor and silk farm. You can contact Timothy by e-mail"

timothy_mate@yahoo.com

Tel: +855 92 915158

Bumpy ride but it is very fun & interesting.

We hope you will find this information helpful for your next siem reap trip.

Cheers.....

Angkor Wat, Siem Reap Tuk Tuk Services
    • Photography

• stimix's Profile Photo

Remork (Tuk-tuk) & Express bus pricing

by stimix Written Apr 1, 2009

A trip to Angkor Wat small circuit tour (Siem Riep>Angkor Wat>Angkor Thom>Ta Keo>Ta Phom>Sra Srang/Bankeay kdei & back to Siem Riep) is US$10. If booked from guesthouse =US$12. U can add US$5 if u wanted to go further to the grand circuit or even to Rolous group.

Bus ticket to phnom Penh from Sie Riep can be purchased at the guesthouse (normally xtra US$1 than normal price)...For aircon without toilet such as Sorya & GST =US$5 & wth aircon & double decker =US$8. Mekong express is at US$10-US$11. Pickup from your guesthouse/hotel via van.

• Luckmui's Profile Photo

Transportation in Angkor

by Luckmui Written Feb 28, 2009

For tuk tuk around USD15 for the temples nearby (eg.Bayon, Pre Rup). If go to Banteay Srei, Roluos Group, Banteay Samre etc (more far away), its more suitable to rent a car with air-con.

There is many driver information and contact info from the website and you can ask quotations from them to see the general cost as your reference. The following is some recommended drivers from others packpackers.

1. chansy - chansy_siemreap@yahoo.com
    2. Oum - oumdavuth@yahoo.com
    3. shinsak - shinsak02@yahoo.com (tel 85592773483)
    4. Ming - chenhuiming82@yahoo.com +855 11627230, 855 92641344
    He also runs a guesthouse name Angkor Garden Villa
    5. Vuthy thy - http://www.angkortransport.com/
    vuthy_006@yahoo.com

Tuk Tuk

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Budget for a Car and a Guide

by cochinjew Written Feb 3, 2009

add to that 25 dollars for the car.. why not spend the extra ten dollars and get somebody who has already been proven to be good? write to www.mandalayinn.com and ask maung maung about the rate for a car and a guide.. you would see that it is creeping up there.. gone are the days a car and guide for 25 usd.. long gone

you may be able to get a good guide for 25 usd. also if you have a car and a guide and within the prescribed number of hours you could visit off the beaten path places and also always go to the tonle sap and watch sunset etc..

if you just want to do it yourself, just get a tuk tuk and pay him about 12 usd per day or similar and he will drive you around..

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Luxury travel that's worth it

by traceyspacey Updated Oct 31, 2008

Mekong Express Bus is the best bus that I have ever been on. As we set off we were waved goodbye to by the staff. Picked us up from our guesthouse to where the bus departs. Plenty of leg room, cushion on your seat. Water and snacks. A/C and toilet on board. You also get commentry about every hour or so as when you pass sights of interest. Best Bus ever. Costs $10 dollars. Book with any good agent. Took 5 1/2 hours from Phnom Penh.

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Bicycle

by kenningst Written Oct 16, 2008

We rented a bicycle to visit the Angkor temples. Be warned that cycling to the Angkor will really test your stamina. We visited the small circuit and had to do a 28 km cycle for 14 hours ( we started at 3.30am) exclusive the cycle from Siem Reap to the first Angkor check point which is 5 km one way. Total distance we did for that day was 38km under the hot sun and visited some of the most amazing site. Good point is that it is really cheap. We got the bike for USD 3 but the bad point is that it was very hot and humid and also very tiring. I was on budget and so I didn't mind but it is not for everyone though.

• monina_c's Profile Photo

Renting a car for the day

by monina_c Written Jul 23, 2008

If you want to get around Angkor Wat in relative comfort you can ask the concierge of your hotel/inn to arrange transportation for you. We rented a Honda CRV for US$40 for the day when we visited the temples. It doesn't matter how many stops you make nor how long you stay at each site. The drivers can even give you good suggestions on where to find good bargains. :)

this is what you get for $40

• bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

Feel Cambodia by riding TUKTUK

by bojomacaraig Written Jul 1, 2008

Getting around Siem REap City CAmbodia, you can hire a TUKTUK for the wholeday. It costs 15 to 17 USD (as of Oct 2007). The driver speaks english well and he also serves as your tourist guide. He can explain and tells you something about the attractions in their place specially in Angkor Archaeologigal Park. Tuk tuk can carry a maximum of 4 passengers.

The tutuk we hired, driver , Ratha on the leftside

• Theme Park Trips

• mavl's Profile Photo

VERY NICE AND HONEST TUKTUK DRIVER

by mavl Updated Jun 21, 2008

due to the favorable responses to my beijing taxi driver tip, i'm posting the contact details of my very helpful, friendly, and english-speaking tuktuk driver.

his name is SOVANNE and he was very accommodating, making sure i got to see everything i needed to see no matter how much time it took (i've been known to sit in total awe of an architectural landmark for hours).

just email him if you want him to drive you around all the temples, you guys can discuss an itinerary and negotiate costs. say miko, his friend from the philippines, referred you.

great guy!

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Hire a Tuk Tuk

by Snipernurse Written May 23, 2008

I hired a tuk tuk driver for my three days at Angkor Wat and I was very pleased with this choice. For the three days I paid him 100$ and he drove us around anywhere we pleased. Our driver spoke great English and was very trustworthy. He made a great effort into helping make sure our trip was a good one. $100 is more than you would pay for just hiring a driver for a day, however the driver aims to please knowing you are a return customer the next day, also negotiate that you will pay him on the final day and he will work hard at trying to earn his way into a tip as well. If you are planning on staying three days it is wisest to hire one driver for the three days, and 100$ is a generous amount to pay for his services. See the attached photo for a picture of our driver Vishna, he is a great guy! Ask around for him, or if you see him hire him!

Our driver vishna

• Lunaina's Profile Photo

By tuk tuk

by Lunaina Written May 4, 2008

There are soooooo many tuk tuk drivers in Siem Reap, all of them want to drive you around the Angkor temples. We teamed up with Ung, a very nice driver who brought us to all the main temples. He told a lot about the temples, always brought water for us, had books about the temples and we had the chance to ask him a lot about living in Cambodia, and that was really interesting. I would suggest always to hire a tuk tuk as you also help those drivers a lot as this is their way of making money, those tuk tuk's are really cheap, I believe Ung asked 6 dollars for a full day for one person... so 12 dollar for the two of us, and a day can be from 9 in the morning till 9 in the evening...

Instant Answers: Angkor Wat

Comments

Angkor Wat Transportation

Reviews and photos of Angkor Wat transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Angkor Wat sightseeing.