Phumi Siem Reab What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Phumi Siem Reab

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Bring Along A Doctor

by Aidy_p Updated Aug 11, 2007

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If you or your spouse are doctors, great! Those who do not have that luxury can only do the next best thing, bring along a medical kit. I believe the two common illness on the road are fever and diarrhoea. Bring along your paracetamols and charcoal pills. Jac and I suffered a bad bout of diarrhoea on the second last night and was totally washed out on the final day. Thank God we had some medication with us. Things could have got worse without it.

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Bring Along Your Shades

by Aidy_p Written Aug 9, 2007

Shades On The Go

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: This was one thing that was not in my backpack to Cambodia and truthfully, you will find that the shades will come in handy. I actually had not want to buy a replacement shades as it does not protect your eyes from the UV rays.

But if you're a constant tuk-tuk taker, or you just love to walk around town just like me, you had better be prepared for a sandy ride/ walk. The specks of sand that entered my eyes irritated me till no end. So yes, I bought myself a shade at US$3.50.

Whatever it takes to stop me from closing my eyes!

• Insect Repellent - Your Best Friend!!

by LoveBeLL Written Jun 15, 2007

Miscellaneous: You should definitely bring insect repellent. We had the brands - 3M and Off!, both with deet. Spray them on before you start on your daily tours and if it's not too heavy, do bring it along as after perspiring, you will need to respray.

On our last day in Siem Reap before we left the hotel for the airport, we thought we'll be safe since it's only probably 30mins for breakfast before we got into our taxi for the airport. But just 5mins into breakfast, I already had a mosquito bite and the others felt mosquitoes buzzing around them. I had to dig out the repellent from my luaggage and we all sprayed it on and you can really tell the difference. No more buzzing around us!

Oh, do find an open space to spray as the fumes can really choke you in a confined area.

We did it right in front of the hotel lobby.... ehehehehe....

• Archeology

• hez28's Profile Photo

Free guidebooks

by hez28 Written May 11, 2007

Miscellaneous: Siem Reap Angkor visitors guidebook, free of charge. This book is available almost in main touristy areas, including accomodations and restaurants. A very useful guidebook, it has a city map and information on getting in and around Siem Reap.

Another useful one is 'Drinking & Dining' - a book with restaurant & hotel listings and unbiased reviews.

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

Dont forget to carry your face mask

by bkarjee Written Jan 4, 2007

he doesnt need a face mask, but you do.

Luggage and bags: A back pack is a must. The tours are such that you will be away from your hotel for quite a while and walking most of the time. It is best to keep your hands free. Under such circumstances, a back pack comes in very handy. Carry sufficient supply of water, as it tends to get very warm and you will be sweating a lot in hot sunny day. To replenish the water loss, drink as much fluids as possible.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Since walking is the only way you can see every nook and corner of the temple (unless you decide to take an elephant ride to places like Phnom Bakheng), it is best to have a good pair of walking/sports shoes. A hiphop may not necessarily suffice. While walking around the temples, one has to crossover many obstacles in form of platforms, rocks, stones. So a good sports shoe is a must.

Photo Equipment: Angkor is a heaven for photo enthusiasts. Its best ot carry extra memory sticks, batteries, tripod stand etc to overcome shortages. There are no shops in the vicinity of most of the temples.

Miscellaneous: Last but not the least, carry a face mask if you are travelling in a tuktuk or a bike, because Siem Reap town is very dusty. I used to take shower after every visit to temples and the city. I remember taking showers 2-3 times a day to get rid of all the dust on the body. Some dirt tracks are truly horrible experience. So carry a good face mask to keep away the dust from your face and nose.

• Architecture

• MJL's Profile Photo

A one passport photo

by MJL Written Mar 10, 2005

A 3 day pass

Miscellaneous: You will need to have one passport photo for temple are entrance pass. Locak quide will usually buy this or you may buy that pass from a main entrance.

Instant Answers: Phumi Siem Reab

Comments

Phumi Siem Reab What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Phumi Siem Reab what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Phumi Siem Reab sightseeing.

View all Phumi Siem Reab hotels