Phumi Siem Reab Restaurants

by kenningst
    by Carino

Best Rated Restaurants in Phumi Siem Reab

• xaver's Profile Photo

Mandalay Inn: Simple, slow, tasty!

by xaver Updated Apr 4, 2011

noodles

Mandalay Inn is the guest house I stayed at.
    The restaurant is very simple and if you go for dinner, make sure to spread mosquito repellent all over you before, but the dishes they cook are definitly cheap, abondant and tasty.Even if you are the only customer, expect to wait at least 10 minuts before you get what you ordred, wich means they do cook the meal when you ask for it, and not simply put it in the owen or microwave.

Favorite Dish: Noodle with vegetables and meat, actually they looked like a sort of tagliatelle and I loved them

• xaver's Profile Photo

Red Piano: LP advice

by xaver Written Dec 10, 2004

rice

Lonely Planet guide advices this restaurant so, it is always full, if you want to eat in the balcony you even have to book, and this is incredible in a town with a so small number of tourists.You get what you order in less than 10 minuts, and, with so many customers, it means they have all the meals ready and do not cook them when you order.

Favorite Dish: I tried rice and cabbage and it was not bad, but, thinking on how quikly I got it, it could have been much better.

Central market

Dinner with locals

In the central market there are many local small restaurants, where you normally see few tourists. They have a small variety, but everything is inviting and delicious.
    They show the dishes at a small window, where you can see them before choosing. My favourite was plain rice with a vegetable mix...
    At the table you have a jar with western forks... and sticks too.
    An average meal can be 1-2 USD.
    ... and I never had stomach problems after that, LOL. So dare, try it!!!

• Beer Tasting

Tea at the Grand Hotel d'Angkor

Silver plate

When I travel I don't use to go to top hotels (budget question mainly), but I have the custom of visiting those legendary classic hotels, those that have some "literature" behind, and have a cup of tea there (apart from the water, that's the chaeapest drink, LOL).
    And "Grand Hotel d'Angkor" is certainly into the legend... so there I went for my tea!! and it was a nice experience. It was smaller than I thought, and not as charming as, let's say, the Raffles, the Mamounia, or the Victoria Falls, but still charming, quite french, with a pleasant swimming pool...

• Business Travel

Papaya shake at "Quick7" bar

by SirRichard Written Sep 18, 2003

At the terrace wiyh my papaya

I discovered this place by chance, I was returning to the guesthouse from the dinner place and I needed something fresh, so I stopped at the first terrace and asked for a papaya shake... and it was gorgeous!!!
    That sweet flavour, a bit of milk, a bit of sugar, the fruity papaya flavour, the pink colour, the fan moving above, the starry night....
    I repeated next day after lunch and after dinner!!

Favorite Dish: 1,75 USD
    BTW, they have more things in the menu, lunch and so :-)))

Samapheap Restaurant: Cambodian Set Menu

by ukirsari Written Sep 6, 2003

Set Menu Samapheap by ukirsari

Find the Cambodian cuisine is something great. Especially for myself. I like Thailand food, but sometimes something happened in my tummy --if the food is too hot (not about spicy, I am okay with it :)). And, as I explain in my Cambodia page, their meals looks bit similar with Thai culinary, but not too spicy about its taste. So, here I am the big eater come :)

Favorite Dish: Cambodian set menu; chicken curry, mixed shrimps and veggie, meat balls, hot steamed rice. PS: Cambodian chopsticks are longer comparing with Chinese chopsticks.

Jasmine Angkor Restaurant: Dancing and Dinner

by ukirsari Updated Sep 6, 2003

Mixed prawn with paprika Cambodian by ukirsari

Well, it's a nice dinner for me (and I believe also the other travellers). During we enjoy our meals, the cultural dances are performs in front of us. And the other hand, the food is soooo delicious :)

Favorite Dish: Mixed prawn with green paprika, Cambodian rolls veggie-chicken-champignon and orange juice.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

Sawasdee Food Garden: Back to Thailand, oh my ..... :)

by ukirsari Written Sep 6, 2003

Tom Yum Smoked Fish by ukirsari

Well, after walking around south gate of Angkor, I need a break for lunch. Then my tour guide Sideth introduce me to this Thai resto. Only couple days at Siem Reap and be back again to Thai food in Cambodia? It's okay, I love it :) And we sat here; an open resto with nice scenery around.

Favorite Dish: Tom Yum Ghoong with smoked fish. I never try this as long as my experiences in Thailand. Normally, Tom Yum is contents with seafood like prawn and garupa fish. But here, I try Tom Yum added with smoked fish (in my lingo known as thin salty fish). Delicious!!!!!

Khmer Kitchen: Great Khmer Food

by Etoile2B Written Sep 13, 2007

Khmer Kitchen

After settling into our room we decided to explore the city of Siem Reap and grab some dinner. After walking up and down Bar Street and the Alley, checking out menus, we finally settled on Khmer Kitchen. The food was fantastic and the service warm and friendly. The portions were plentiful and we were able to dine al fresco on the alley and people watch. We liked this place so much we went back another night. Highly recommended Khmer food with great service, atmosphere and cheap prices.

Lucky Restaurant: Off the Tourist Track

by Etoile2B Written Sep 25, 2007

The menu at Lucky Restaurant.

We stumbled upon Lucky Restaurant, which you won’t find in any guidebook or on any tourist map, by accident. We only wish we had discovered this little gem sooner. Located on the outskirts of the tourist area, slightly southwest of Psar Chaa, this local hole in the wall doesn’t look like anything special, but looks can be deceiving. The food here was traditional and surprisingly delicious. We were the only tourists in the place and were able to dine outdoors and enjoy the ambience of the city while we dined. The service was great and the prices couldn’t be beat. They’re also open late – a definite plus! Don’t pass by this hidden gem if you’re looking for great Khmer food at rock-bottom prices off the normal tourist track.

Favorite Dish: Marc’s steamed fish was one of our best meals of the trip. And my chicken Amok (signature Cambodian dish) was great too.

• xuessium's Profile Photo

The Soup Dragon: The Soup Dragon

by xuessium Written Apr 10, 2005

Lunched at this place in between visits to Angkor. 3 stories high; al fresco dining. The restaurant is quite nicely decored and is very spick & span. Service was very warm and very prompt. We really appreciated that!

Favorite Dish: Me and my mates tried the American Fried Rice, Curry Rice, Fried Spring Rolls and Locluk fish. The last item turned out to be the best.

Socheata's Restaurant: Great Local Food

by Etoile2B Written Nov 9, 2007

The menu at Socheata's Restaurant

Our last afternoon in Siem Reap we decided to eat in one of the food stalls in Psar Chaa Market. The food was cheaper here than in the restaurants on Bar Street or the Alley and it was delicious. There weren’t a lot of other tourists who dared to eat here, but that was their loss. The service was friendly, in fact they bent over backwards to ensure our satisfaction. The food was traditional Khmer fare. I would recommend getting off the tourist track and eat here, especially if you’re on a budget.

Favorite Dish: I had my favorite Khmer dish, Chicken with fried ginger and garlic with a coffee shake... yummy!

• jrs1234's Profile Photo

Red Piano: Yummy local food!

by jrs1234 Updated Jun 19, 2003

This place is perhaps better known as a guesthouse, but I tried the food there and have gone back twice! I went for something local each time and it was yummy....

They do plenty of western food too, and the cold chocolate milk is great!

Favorite Dish: The Lok-Lak - hopefully I've got that right - a beef dish with rice. Beef sliced into small pieces and cooked in tomato.

• ahoerner's Profile Photo

Krua Thai Restaurant: Thai cuisine near La Villa Loti

by ahoerner Written Aug 26, 2005

Krua Thai Restaurant.

Simple restaurant located in a guesthouse...offers very well prepared thai dishes.

Nice ambience also at night for a snack and a beer while chatting.

Favorite Dish: Definitely try the "amok", made of either fish or chicken, cooked in a banana leaf, with coconut milk and a taste of curry... special!

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Kampuccino Pizza Restaurant: Kampuccino Pizza Restaurant

by xuessium Updated Apr 10, 2005

This was a place I stopped for lunch - simply because I wanted a cold drink after a very hot morning. Al fresco dining. I chose the coconut orange fried rice, which turned out neither tasting like coconut or orange! The fried frog legs has to be the smallest frog legs I had ever eaten - there was barely any meat - but the holy basil that was fried along with it, gives it a great aroma! All in all, the meal was satisfactory, and so was service, and as a side note, I thought the name, a pun on the old name of Cambodia (Kampuchea) and cappucino was pretty amusing.

Favorite Dish: Stick to the Locluk (pronouced "Lok Luck") - stewed fish in claypot that goes along with rice - you can't go wrong with the local dish!

Instant Answers: Phumi Siem Reab

Comments

Phumi Siem Reab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Phumi Siem Reab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Phumi Siem Reab sightseeing.

View all Phumi Siem Reab hotels