Places to eat in Khett Siem Reab

Most Viewed Restaurants in Khett Siem Reab

Pub Street: Main Dining and Party Area of Siem Reap

by machomikemd Written Jun 22, 2012

This will be my Pub Street Restaurant Tips:

We have to thank the expatriate australian owner of ANGKOR WHAT? bar who made Street 8 (what PUB Street was known back then) the ultimate destination in Siem Reap after the hiking and walking of the Angkor Complex and Tonle Sap Lake. PUB STREET started as the lowly Street 8 where it served as an extension of the souvenir shops and other stalls of the nearby Phsar Chas but in 1998, ANGKOR WHAT? BAR was opened in the street and it suddenly became popular and other establishment began mushrooming in the street and in the alleys beside it and was renamed to PUB STREET today.

Again, Pub Street was named for the numerous pubs that line Street 8 near the Old Market, Pub Street sports as many restaurants and shops as pubs and bars. Pub Street really gets going until around 5PM as people return from the temples. Come evening the curbside seating fills, the bars crank up the and the street is blocked to motor traffic, allowing pedestrians to stroll easily. Many of the bars are open until midnight while a few are open until the early hours of the morning, which include ‘Angkor What?’, ‘Temple Club’ and ‘X-Bar’. Nearly every bar or restaurant here will offer happy hour beers for 50 cents and cheap cocktails, but it seems that it is happy hour every hour of every day so you can expect to pound a few brews for next to nothing, no matter when you get there. Pub Street is aimed directly at western tourists and rich asian tourists as well (like the japanese, koreans, taiwanese) so don’t go there expecting a genuine Cambodian experience.

Pub Street is open at 6:00 am to 12:00 am for most establishments but the real action starts at 5:00 pm onwards

Favorite Dish: Pub Street Has an ecletic and International Range of Restaurants and Bars.

Here is a listing of some Restaurants and Bars at Pub Street:
    Restaurants at Pub Street

- 8th Street Brasserie (Western, Khmer)
    - Banana Leaf (Western, Khmer)
    - Blue Pumpkin (Contemporary, Bakery)
    - Cambodian BBQ Restaurant (Khmer BBQ)
    - In Touch (Asian, Western)- will do a separate tip for it
    - Khmer BBQ Restaurant (Khmer BBQ)
    - Khmer Family Restaurant (Khmer)
    - Le Tigre de Papier or Paper Tiger (Western, Asian)
    - Molly Malone's Irish Bar and Restaurant (Irish, Steakhouse, International)
    - Red Piano (Western, Asian, Belgian)

Nightlife in Pub Street:

- Banana Leaf (Bar)
    - Temple Bar (will do separate tips for it)
    - Angkor What? Bar (will do separate tips for it)

at In Touch Restaurant many dining options more dining options have a brick oven pizza dining at Cambodian BBQ Restaurant
    • Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Restaurants at the Passage of Pub Street Alleys: Pub Street Alleys: The Passage Restaurants

by machomikemd Written Jun 22, 2012

This will be My Pub Street Alleys Restaurant Tips.

There are many dining opportunities along the Passage to Pub Street Alleys and they fit almost any budget plus they have happy hour specials too. Pub Street is just one small street from end to end is just about 400 meters long but like a spider, with a web around it, it has many alleys and side streets that ends at Pub Street and there are many commercial establishments, stores, souvenir shops, hole in the wall, restaurants, bars and what have you lining the unnamed alleys lining the periphery of pub street. The alleys are narrow, pedestrian-only walkways that have a more relaxed ambiance compared to the lively Pub Street and some of the exits are just across the street from busy Old Market area since the Old Market and Pub Street are just a stone's throw away. The Alleys are coded into Alley West, The Passage (pub street alley) and The Lane.

Most of the establishments are open from 10:00 am to 12:00 am but the action starts at 5:00 pm onwards.

Favorite Dish: The Cuisines available are Khmer, Thai, French, Vietnamese, Indian, Italian and a variety of other international foods.

Among the Restaurants in the Alley West and The Passage are:

- AHA (International, Khmer)
    - Amok (Khmer) - will do a separate tip for it
    - Bamboo Restaurant (Khmer)
    - Cambodian BBQ Restaurant (Khmer BBQ)
    - Chamkar Vegetarian Restaurant (Vegetarian)
    - Champey Restaurant (Khmer) - will do a separate tip for it.
    - Khmer BBQ Restaurant (Khmer BBQ)
    - Khmer Kitchen (Khmer)
    - Le Tigre de Papier or Paper Tiger (Western, Asian)
    - Little Italy Restaurant (Italian)
    - The Singing Tree Café (Vegetarian, Healthy Food)

Nightlife in the Alley West and The Passage
    - Picasso (Tapas Bar)

alley 2 alley 1 menus more menus alley 3
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Local Food Stalls: Food Stalls at Old Market (Phsar Chas)

by machomikemd Written Jun 19, 2012

This will be my Restaurant Tips on the Old Market Food Stalls

The Old Market of Siem Reap (Psar Chas) is the busiest market in town due to it's central location just a stone's throw away from the touristy pub street and the alleys along pub street. It is even more popular than the newer Central market along Sivutha Boulevard for tourists and the Siem Reap Night Market at the Center of Siem Reap and the main market for locals, the Phsar Leu Thom Thmey at National Road 6. The old market is just along Pokambor Avenue, near the Siem Reap River and bounded by Street 9, Hospital Street and Street 11. It is the busiest market as it has a large collections of souvenir shops, silk shops, local crafts, local food stuffs, local food stalls, a dried good section, a wet goods section, hairdressers, pirated DVD Videos and Computer Applications and more. Some of the stalls here even close late, moreso on the areas closest to the alleys going to Pub Street.

Opens 6:00 am to 12:00 pm everyday

Favorite Dish: if you want to taste local cambodian food (which is very similar to thai cuisine but less on the spiciness) without breaking the bank (an el cheapo!) then eat at the various food stalls in the Old Market area that are open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm as the food here is fresh and is very cheap. You can have amok fish, cambodian version of Tom Yum Gang, Cambodian Barbecues, Rice Stick Noodles and more! at just less than US $ 1 per meal (excluding soft drinks or juices).

then cross the street to the alleys to pub street and have a drink!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Blue Diamond Restaurant: Main Restaurant of Prince D' Angkor Hotel (2)

by machomikemd Written Jun 18, 2012

part two of my blue diamond restaurant tips with more pictures of the food

the blue Diamond Restaurant is the Main Restaurant of the Prince d' Angkor Hotel and is open for 24 hours. They have both ala carte meals and buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Since we are staying at this hotel, the breakfast buffet is included in the package but if you want to eat a breakfast buffet here, the cost is $ 20 for a breakfast buffet, which is available from 6:00 am to 10:00 am everyday. The lunch buffet starts at 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and costs $ 25 and the dinner buffet starts at 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm and costs $ 30 per person.

the food is a combination of local cambodian cuisine and international cuisine. Ala Carte meals are availabl too.

according to their website:

Uncompromising dining excellence. The finest taste from around the world brought to you in an elegant, modern setting. Indulge in an extensive variety of international menu selections and buffets from Eastern & Western cuisine at our 24 hours Blue Diamond restaurant.

Favorite Dish: assorted breakfast items that ranges from the cambodian breakfast items like soups, cambodian fried rice, basil seed desserts, russian soups, chinese noodles, assorted pastries and breads (like criossants, baguettes, wheat breads) and more.

more food russian soup basil seeds cambodian soup more cambodian soup

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Blue Diamond Restaurant: Main Restaurant of Prince D' Angkor Hotel (1)

by machomikemd Updated Jun 18, 2012

this will be a two part tip with more pictures of the food

according to their website:

entrance ala carte menu inside food buffet spread

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

The Indian: South Indian Food in Siem Reap

by cochinjew Updated Apr 28, 2011

I was on my way to visit a friend at Samotea Silks when this restaurant caught my eye, simply the Indian. A very Dravidian looking man, Keralite to the core, was standing in front so I began a conversation. He is from Trichur in Kerala an his name is Sajeesh, he is the owner manager of this establishment which boasts both north and south indian food. I have two chefs, one from the north and one from the south. We had a nice conversation and when the occasiona arose I stopped in for a bite
    The restaurant is simply decorated and it was nice to see paintings, copies of, by the king of Tracancore Cochin, Ravi Varman ( quoting from memory ), the originals I remember were in the Travancore palace Museum.

Favorite Dish: Masala Dosai less crisp than normal
    lemonade
    the usual accoutrements such as Achaar

• GK2005's Profile Photo

Balcony Cafe & Gallery: Breakfast at Balcony !!

by GK2005 Updated Apr 4, 2011

A great place to start the day at Siem Reap is Balcony Cafe and Gallery. The restaurant in the central market area and is very clean with a very relaxed atmosphere. The food is very good, very economical and the service friendly and great. This place can make you start your day with a smile and a sated stomach. The menu has options for both vegetarians (though limited) and non vegetarians and the coffee is really good.

All in all, a great place for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: The coffee here is very good. The omelettes were quite tasty though a little watery on the inside. The bread was soft and goes well with milk or coffee. The croissants are top notch and a very nice alternative to the omeletes for those wanting a lighter breakfast.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

No Name: Lunch at a Roadhouse

by Hewer Updated Apr 4, 2011

My best dining experience while I was in Siem Reap was at a family-run roadhouse. If you have access to transport I highly recommend this.

The outdoor guest dining area is an extension of the family`s kitchen. I felt a bit invasive initially but in the end I was made to feel welcome.

These restaurants are popular among the locals at night, but because of road conditions it was better to head out in the day time.

Favorite Dish: I had soup, salad, spicy chicken, rice and a beer for 3000 riels ($1.50). They wouldn`t accept a tip, so I bought a few snacks from their shop!

Siem Reap

• we2364's Profile Photo

Budha Angor: The best cambodia food in town

by we2364 Updated Sep 13, 2009

It is very occasional to find this restaurant since it is just located within a few steps from our guesthouse. But we feel very fortunate to find it as it provides the best cambodia food in town.

All of us are on the backpack travel. But it is unbelievable we spent every dinner in this cosy restaurant to enjoy the local food.

The service of the staff here is comparatively professional and satisfactory, with a neat decoration style in the local culture.

Sorry guys, I put the photos of you as a free ad. for the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Hot Pot is very tasty with special flavor and also enough for sharing.

Yummy, Yummy

• iammon's Profile Photo

Amok Restaurant: Place to try Amok

by iammon Updated Apr 8, 2009

This is a very nice Restaurant. They claim that they serve the best amok in Siem Reap. It was definitely tasty but it was the only one we tried so we can not compare. The atmosphere is very nice if not even romantic. Lots of warm colors and mirrors, candle light. For sure an upscale touristic place and not the normal Cambodian place.

• iammon's Profile Photo

The blue pumpkin: Best ice cream in town!!

by iammon Written Apr 6, 2009

This is a very trendy modern bakery (somewhat out of place compared to the rest of the country but great for a change) in the heart of town.

It is as well a restaurant (serving meat dishes and everything) and lounge.
    Upstairs you can enjoy the air conditioning lying on beds while eating or drinking something tasty. It is a free Wifi spot.

The place belongs to a French Chef called Arnaud.

Open from 6 to 10.

Favorite Dish: The self made ice creams are absolutely heavenly! The best Mango ice cream I ever tasted! He has as well very special flavours that you have never seen before. The amount of flavours he can bring in, is unbelievable! We had to go back every evening.....

• lalikes's Profile Photo

East India Curry: You like spicy?

by lalikes Written Feb 10, 2009

They have a location in Phnom Penh as well. I'm a fan of spicy Indian but be careful what you wish for. They dish out fabulous curries, tandoori's and kormas. We thought we'd go with the local "flow" and ask for spicy and my nose didn't stop running for two days. Not the restaurant's fault. We asked for it. Plus, knowing we were adventurous tourist's they brought us a few tasting's of other dishes wish is why I love, love traveling so much. I just felt bad because we could only carry so much home with us.

Open 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Favorite Dish: Vindaloo all the way!!!

• touraco's Profile Photo

Angkor Palm: Sample of local fare

by touraco Written Oct 1, 2008

The banner on the restaurant lists that this restaurant is listed in the lonely planet. It seemed that this place was run by a local chinese guy. He spoke to us in Mandarin when we told him we are from Singapore and proceed to show us the review he got from the web pages.

We tried the platter which consists of amok fish, fresh spring rolls (which are like vietnamese rice paper spring rolls), honey spare ribs, mango salad, fried veg and one other dish which I can't remember as well as rice and dessert. I ordered another order of the sour soup and beer.

The food is pretty nice especially the fresh spring rolls.

• touraco's Profile Photo

Khmer Kitchen Restaurant: Good local cuisine

by touraco Written Oct 1, 2008

Was introduced to this restaurant by the driver on the way to the Hotel. Decided to give it a try and it was indeed pretty good. The food is local and reasonably priced.

We had amok fish (local fish dish, a little like thai green curry), sour soup (a little like tom yum goong but without the spicy), fried mixed vegetables,local dumplings (like the chinese soon kueh but another type of veg as the fillings), beer and a local dessert which costs us US$13. I can;t remember if I had a chicken dish as well.

Favorite Dish: Sour Soup

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

Various: Cambodian Noodle

by muratkorman Written Sep 6, 2008

When we were travelling from Land Mine Museum to Banteay Kdei, I saw some local shops and wanted to eat there. Our guide told us that they prepare Cambodian noodle which looks like Singaporean Laksa with some different herbs and spice. It was very delicious and so cheap. That was one of the lunches we enjoyed most in Siem Reap.

Favorite Dish: Cambodian Noodle

Angkor Wat Hotels
1683 Reviews - 4879 Photos

Instant Answers: Khett Siem Reab

• Jul 30, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Please kindly forward this comment to the Management of Taste of Asia Restaurant inside Phnom Penh International Airport. This is just a constructive feedback and comment for the management of Taste of Asia restaurant to review the behavior of your staff.

On 26 July 2014, I had a soup and a glass of coffee at the Taste of Asia inside Phnom Penh International Airport before my departure. The food is fairly good but one of the woman staff (waitress) was so rude and unacceptable to me. Why?

After I finished my breakfast, she (waitress) gave me the restaurant survey form about their food and service. Then, I decided to complete the form and gave it to her. But I don't want to put my name in the form and she came to me and ask for my name. I responded my name is the same as my email address which I already completed. So, no need for me to complete it. Suddenly, she somehow acted unprofessionally as a staff. She then threw a way my completed survey form in the "Rubbish". I can't believe with my eyes and it is unacceptable behavior to me.

How would you feel once someone through your completed form in the rubbish in front of you?

You can ask one of the staff counter (Biller) there. And I also reported this issue to her but I don't believe she will take it to the management for improvement.

This is an honest comment and feedback to the management of this restaurant to review the behavior of your staff. I do hope this comment and feedback will get through the management.

You can contact me on 673 8842179.

Thank you.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
      Jul 31, 2014 at 5:03 AM

bongangkeara, I'm sorry for your unpleasant experience but our members here are all "volunteers" who simply share our travel experiences and do not handle complaints or other issues with businesses. To express your dissatisfaction with the treatment you received, I'm afraid that you're going to need to contact the business yourself.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jul 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM

As this restaurant is inside the airport and has no contact details I suggest you use the 'suggestion box' on the airport website to make your complaint:

cambodia-airports.aero/en/co...

You can also write a review here on VT, or on the restaurant's Facebook page:

facebook.com/pages/Taste-Of-...

Khett Siem Reab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Khett Siem Reab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Khett Siem Reab sightseeing.
Map of Khett Siem Reab